what is first year gulfstream23 & sailfish25 had seav2 h

poppaspey

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to purchase a grady white and would like to know the first year the seav2 hulls were available in the 23 gulfstream & 25 sailfish also any in put on pros and cons of these models ,also how hard or practical is it to convert a porta potty to a pump out head if the boat has shower in it . last but not least pros and cons of engine configurations , which ones to stay away from Thanks

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can convert a portapotti to a pump out portapotti, also, to a fancier porcelein head that requires a holding tank, if there is room for the tank as there is in a Sailfish, not sure on the Gulfstream. Heads have nothing to do with fresh water shower, unless you are talking a vacuflush head which requires a source of FW to flush tank. Conventional heads use saltwater via thruhull.

The Gulfstream is a Sailfish shorter by a few feet and noticably less on cabin accomodations. I'd say there are more Sailfish on the water, meaning there are more for sale relative to Gulfs.

The Gulfstream can be powered with a single motor in addition to twins, not so with heavier Salfish.

There is no Grady model to stay away from.

LI Grady

Reaction score
Regarding heads. You may also want to consider one of the models made by Thetford. I put one of these on my Pacemaker and it works great.

That boat was (is) older and did not have a holding tank. There was no place to put a tank that didn't require a long hose run, etc. They had a model that was essentially an electric port-a- potti with built in holding tank. pump out options are then identical to a conventional holding tank.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Stay away from any you can't afford or is a basket case (with the curent martet there is no need to buy a boat that needs a ton of work). Most Sailfish will have the stand up head with a pump out. I'm not sure how much room there is in the Gulf but there is an option for the pump out head. Take a look at a few and see what you like/want.

As for power, in theory you might be able to out a 375 HP single on a Sailfish (if they had one) but you loose a lot of manuverability. Twin 200's for >1990 or at least 150's for < 1990. Gulfstreams come with single or twins, most seem to prefer twins. Given the surface area, docking the Gulfstream in tight quarters with decent wind/current can be a PIA with a single (the wind like to take my Sailfish sometimes).