Yamaha paint codes

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Someone hit my '00 OX66 engine and put a large gouge in the top of the cowling. It goes into the fiberglass about a quarter inch.

I plan on filling the gouge with Marine-Tex and repainting just the top plate of the cowling.

I've searched the web but can't seem to find the color codes for this year and model. Can anyone point me in the right direction and also make recommendatiions on best paint to use for this repair.

thanks

gw204

Reaction score
Take it to an auto body shop and have them color match and spray it for you.

The closest match I found was made by Tempo, but they got bought out by Moeller and that paint isn't offered anymore. Some say Colorrite is good, but I have very bad luck with it...and it ain't cheap.

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
I had my engine looking rough with sun damage when I bought it and went to a dealer for Evinrude for paint. They had the color for the year and I prepped the engine and painted it myself with cans. Finished it with a high gloss clear and it came out real nice.

seasick

Reaction score
I don't think Colorite has paint for that year. I was not able to find paint for my 2001 either. Yamaha doesn't make it anymore either.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
no problem

tell him i say hi!!

he is the one that takes the Miami boat show pics over there!!!