Where to put a radio on a 1985 Overnighter

JohnnyOcean

Reaction score
Hi all,

i'm trying to figure out where the best place to put a radio and speakers on my 1985 grady white 204 overnighter...i was think of cutting them into the fiberglass under the rear seats...but i'd rather not cut into the boat ........any ideas or pictures would be helpful

miker

Reaction score
hi i have a 88 overnighter iam looking at the radio on the back of the door and the speakers above the footrests,short wires to run and the radio can be right there when driviing,and hidden when not

GLGrady20

Reaction score
My radio is mounted on the dash on the port side. It is in a enclosure, so it won't get wet. It's not totally out of the way but leaves plenty of space for other electronics on the dash. The speakers are what I would call stand alone speakers, they are enclosed. One is mounted under the steering wheel and slightly to the right and the other speaker is on the opposite side of the boat. I can only see the one on the port side. I maybe would have done it differently, but I bought the boat this way, but it gets the job done. Hope this helps.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the shelf in front of the cabin. It has a wireless remote so I just point it in the cabin to turn on. Ran a headphone extention wire from the aux jack up and out the ff mount for my ipod.