Lee Jr. Outriggers 232

nevsatII

Reaction score
I'm mounting lee jr's on my 2005 232 and need some help. I'm looking for a picture of lee jr's on a 232 to help with the placement of them. This is what Grady customer service sent me, any other help would be appreciated
232outriggers1Medium.JPG
[/img]
Thanks Jim

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
when i mounted my Lee jnrs. 6 months ago on our 265 express i found it quite easy however I preferred to mount the bottom base plate on the deck rather than the cabin sides as i thought it would be stronger and also a little lower.
You'll need two of you to hold stuff and it is important to have the riggers fully extended before you settle on your final position.
As far as how much lean they should have. Usually when the riggers are laid down in the operational position then the tips should be as close to level (not the same height tho') with the transom as possible given all of the other considerations.
I had a metal shop make up some backing plates especially for the two side base plates as they take a lot of the leverage from the extended riggers.Also to push the poles out a little furthe from the cabin and hardtop sides i made blocks 1/2" thick (out of cutting board) to fit under the side base plates.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
thats what a Grady tech sent you? Is it written in crayon? wow.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Pretty good details though, I could work with this just fine, no photo needed nor will photo cover those dimensions.

nevsatII

Reaction score
Pete,
Thanks for the pictures. One of my concerns is the distance GW shows from the top of tube to locking collar 6 1/2". Lee instructions say it should be only 1 to 2 inches. Also, is the measurement shown on the drawing anything close to what you have?
Thanks,
Jim

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
plymouthgrady said:
thats what a Grady tech sent you? Is it written in crayon? wow.

Yea, my 6 year old knows how to use a strait edge. The dimension for the hard top hook doesn't seem to look right compared to NA2P's picture. I'm sure they didn't use that drawing when Grady instlalled them.