1989 sailfish fishbox drain hose replacement...HELP??

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ok. So I figured out access to all thru hull hoses except how in the world do I reach the (starboard) fish box drain? Anyone have any tips? I'm thinking the only option is to cut access hole but where? Maybe right in the cooler next to the drain? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Dave

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: 1989 fishbox drain hose replacement...HELP??

I found these online and ordered them tonight for 1989 252 sailfish fish box.

" SPANER HEAD THRU-HULLS, 3/4" and 1 1/8" (TH-7590S, TH-1290S) - For those hard to reach applications that may or may not require low clearance. This spaner head thru-hull allows for installation and tightening from the top with a finished head nut."

From...
http://www.hopkins-carter.com/thmany90deth3.html

I'm hoping I can attach this to the hose and fish it up to the bottom of the drain hole. It looks like the top part (inside the fish box) will turn and thread into the 90 degree piece below. I don't think they have the thing inside to prevent something from going in the hole, I'll figure out how to put something there, although with the short 90 degree fitting I don't think anything would go far.
I still don't know what to do about not having seacocks on those 2 underwater thru hulls on the starboard side. Leaning towards just using ball valves close to the thru hulls. Any suggestions on hose type to use under there?
While I have the bulkhead out between the port berth and the fresh water tank/ baitwell are, I was thinking about adding a recirculating pump to the baitwell. I saw someone else did that on their boat. Would this be a big advantage for keeping bait alive?
Dave

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Well i got these and the fitting would stick up about 1/4" in the fishbox if I used it, so not a very good option for a drain. Any ideas?

Pez Vela

Reaction score

dstarok said:
I was thinking about adding a recirculating pump to the baitwell.

Original rigging included a "Y" valve which allowed the washdown pump to service the baitwell. Is that not hooked up anymore or do you want a dedicated pump?

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Baitwell has pump connected, was thinking about an additional (smaller) aerator pump to use either with or instead of running washdown/baitwell pump continuously, or when trailering. So it would be an additional, dedicated pump.
Thanks