1991 Grady White Seafarer 228G w/Hard Top - NOT FOR SALE

Scott W.

Reaction score
1991 Grady White Seafarer 228G w/Hard Top - $9,000

Purchased this solid boat in May 2009 from original owner with 419 engine hours on its original 1991 Yamaha 200hp TXRP Outboard Engine mounted on a Gil bracket. Blown the powerhead in early November 2020 with 988.2 hours; lower unit was replaced in 2018. Boat, hull and all electronics in great working condition. Engine was serviced and winterized yearly by our Yamaha certified mechanic for the past 12 years. Boat is loaded with factory options. Optional 55 gallon auxiliary gas tank area in aft. No trailer - boat is out of the water on blocks for viewing. Currently looking to purchase another Grady White.

Boat includes the following:
Factory Installed Hard Top w/large radio box
Fiberglass Bow Pulpit w/anchor mount
Bennett Trim Tabs
Swim Platform with 3-step ladder
Portable head [2015]
Bow and Bilge Rule Mate Bilge Pumps
Sea Star Hydraulic Steering
Cabin, helm seats, aft. seats w/backs and bow cushins [all in good condition]
New Double Horn [2020]
New Throttle Cables [2019]
New 30 gauge Eisenglass Full Helm Enclosure [2018]
Deep Cycle and Starting Battery [2018] w/battery select switch
93 Gallon Fuel Tank located between the helm seats [replaced in 2010]
GOLIGHT Stryker 3000 Remote Control Search Light
2 LED hard top rear spreader lights
Garmin GPSMAP 441s w/Garmin GFS 10 Fuel Sensor
SONY FM/AM Digital Media Player [DSX-M50BT] w/2 hard top mounted helm speakers
Standard Horizon Eclipse 25w VHF/FM Marine Radio

Will consider all reasonable offers.

1 In Water.jpg7 stern.jpg3 Bow.jpg4 Bow.jpg5 Stern.jpg6 Stern.jpg12 potty.jpg15 light.jpg7 stern.jpg

Attachments

• Cabin Coushins.JPG
    Cabin Coushins.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Helm 2.JPG
    Helm 2.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

rdeto

Reaction score
Model
Weekender
Hi I noticed your Grady for sale. Is the power head rebuildable or would I need a new unit. Are there any other issues with the boat? Soft spots, transom etc.
also I didn’t see if it came with a trailer or not.
thank you
Ronnie

Scott W.

Reaction score
Our mechanic told us we could try to replace the 29 year old powerhead with a new one [$5,000 -$6,000], but he would not guarantee that other parts would require replacement due to unforeseen corrosion. Our mechanic also inspected the transom and found no soft spots. We never had a trailer and our mechanic transported our boat to and from our house and the south shore. We had 12 great seasons with this boat and original motor. We are actively looking to purchase larger Grady Boat [25' - 30']. The boat is in very good condition for it's age - no other issues.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
Consider this boat with a new Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke at $22K and it's a very unique deal for someone. I did something like this years ago and it worked very well.....

Pighunter

Reaction score
Seems like a good price. Should sell fast?

rdeto

Reaction score
Model
Weekender
Our mechanic told us we could try to replace the 29 year old powerhead with a new one [$5,000 -$6,000], but he would not guarantee that other parts would require replacement due to unforeseen corrosion. Our mechanic also inspected the transom and found no soft spots. We never had a trailer and our mechanic transported our boat to and from our house and the south shore. We had 12 great seasons with this boat and original motor. We are actively looking to purchase larger Grady Boat [25' - 30']. The boat is in very good condition for it's age - no other issues.
Hi Scott , are you negotiable on the $9000? I wouldn’t be interested in a power head, I’d probably try and get a new motor
Thanks
Ronnie

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats on the decision to keep her and repower. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new F250 XCA for repower on mine. Yamaha is saying first of the year.

Reactions: Scott W.

Scott W.

Reaction score
REPOWER UPDATE:
Just completed installation of new Armstrong engine bracket, Yamaha F250XB, new controls, new Sea Star hydraulic steering cylinder and helm. Her hole shot is very fast and gets on plane smoothly. So happy that I kept her!

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • motor removed 1.jpg
    motor removed 1.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 32
  • new motor 1.jpg
    new motor 1.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 33
  • new motor 6.jpg
    new motor 6.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 33
  • new motor 12.jpg
    new motor 12.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 33
  • new motor 13.jpg
    new motor 13.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 33

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Are you still awaiting for the arrival of your new F250 XCA ?
Unfortunately yes. I see dealers picking up a random one here or there,, hoping any day to get the call,, last I heard was December for dealers to start picking motors up for repower. Luckily I didn't sell mine and it still runs good. At least I'm not dead in the water.

Scott W.

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. I see dealers picking up a random one here or there,, hoping any day to get the call,, last I heard was December for dealers to start picking motors up for repower. Luckily I didn't sell mine and it still runs good. At least I'm not dead in the water.
You are so lucky to have a working engine in good condition. Wishing you much success with little or no setbacks on repowering your Seafarer soon!

Reactions: Ky Grady