1994 Grady White 209 Escape Question

angus3718

Reaction score
My friend has a 1994 GW 209 Escape (all options that were available-live well, washdown, bolster seats/leaning post, T-top,etc..)with a 200 Evinrude Ocean Pro for sale. The boat and engine have very little use and have been well maintained. Just curious what problems I should look for in the boat and engine. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.....

angus3718

Reaction score
Well I did it.....finally joined the ranks of being a Grady White owner. I purchased the 94 Escape. I'm sure as time goes on I will be chimming in with plenty of questions.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats- the Escape looks like a great boat- I love how much room it has. Post some pics when you get 'em.

catch22

Reaction score
If that boat is in pretty good shape, with no major issues, $10k is an absoloute steal. Throw in the aluminum trailer, and you really got a great deal.

nightfighter

Reaction score
I've been back and forth via PM with Angus.... he couldn't have asked for a better history on a used boat, period. And yeah, he stole it! Enjoy her, she deserves someone who will use her and appreciate her!

angus3718

Reaction score
Thanks guys...appreciate the feedback. Figures....snowing here today argh!!! Oh well plenty of time to poke and prode find all the hidden problems. Again thanks.....

Flying Fish

Reaction score
Angus, it was a nice little snowstorm. Yes, you stole your boat, congratulations! As I said elsewhere, the 200 Johnnyrude was a sweet-running engine, but it does suck gas...

Good luck.

FF

angus3718

Reaction score
Hey Guys snapped a few pics of the boat....she is a little dirty from just being pulled out.

Grady1.jpg

[/img]
Grady.jpg

nightfighter

Reaction score
Angus,
Be sure to change out the thruhulls. I use SS. Easy job. Old plastic ones will snap in half after you jam a screwdriver in and twist.