1996 Seafarer project needs: need resource help

Dominic

Reaction score
Hello Support forum, I just picked up the 226 1996 Seafarer and it needs help and appreciate any advice or links to help me in resources for this project restoration. Here are a few items I can use help with
1. I don't have the transom backrest cushions so don't know how to duplicate that slider track-snap. (crazy design)
2. The captain chair is very wobbly - it slides back and forth not sure how to tighten or sure that up. In my Overnighter of 18 years, the cause was the off-white plastic sleeve - not the case here. Trying to find out if it can be fixed or just replace the whole chair? recommendations of a fix or a new chair?
3. Seafarer has a grady installed hardtop and would like to get the front cushions.
4. The inside cabin cushions are not the quality of the nice blue ones in the overnighter. the smaller cabin cushions are missing as well.
5. chipped latch doors will get to eventually.
6. what resource links can help a new 1996 Seafaer owner? Please and thank you. -Dominic
I have been challenged for weeks doing searches trying to hone in of this type of information.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I doubt vey much you will be able to find "new old stock" of most of the cushion items you mentioned. You can look around ebay, boat classifieds, and maybe place an ad here "want to buy", and maybe find some used clean examples. You could try contacting Grady White and perhaps that can hook you up with original parts, or at least original makers. Other than that you can find a marine upholsterer to recreate your pieces.

Dominic

Reaction score
I doubt vey much you will be able to find "new old stock" of most of the cushion items you mentioned. You can look around ebay, boat classifieds, and maybe place an ad here "want to buy", and maybe find some used clean examples. You could try contacting Grady White and perhaps that can hook you up with original parts, or at least original makers. Other than that you can find a marine upholsterer to recreate your pieces.

Hello VeroWing, thanks for your reply and advise. Not having in my possession the transom backrest cushion will be a challenge. Original stock is not a requirement. Thanks again