1997 Tournament 225 Transom Transducer question

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Have a Tournament 225 with the outboard on the factory bracket. Looking to install the Lowrance active scan 3in1 transom mount transducer. Is there anything different when installing a transom mount transucer with the outboard being set back on the bracket? Most sites say at least 15" from side of prop with an outboard hanging directly on hull. Boat trailer bunk and trim tabs are also getting in the way. I can get 15" from center of hull but any more will be an issue. Thanks for the help!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Cut the bunk off, if needed. Not doing anything, anyways, if it's sticking out past the hull.

If there is, I'm not aware of anything special regarding mounting and a bracketed engine. The general guideline is to just make sure you are a few inches away from the swing of the prop. You don't need that 15", but if you have the room to do that, then certainly do it. I would "think" though, that you'd want a bit more than the standard 3" from the prop since it's on a bracket.

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Ill prob go with the 15" from centerline. Dont really use the fish finder at anything over 5mph so it should be good.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
FYI, in your particular case (bracket), this is more about the ducer not affecting the prop than the other way around. If you install the ducer properly, you should have no issues at speed (as long there isn't another thru-hull directly in front of the new ducer).