1998 Islander 268

aharnden

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice rig ... saw your other thread, achieving 39mph at WOT, though RPM's are low. As others mentioned you should be getting 5000-6000rpm, though youre not far off considering full of fuel, etc.

A q for you - does your boat still have a capacity plate sticker ? what are the numbers on it - - the sticker on my '98 268 is gone. She's getting re-powered right now.. thought i'd inquire..

cheers.

Patsy Mac

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice rig ... saw your other thread, achieving 39mph at WOT, though RPM's are low. As others mentioned you should be getting 5000-6000rpm, though youre not far off considering full of fuel, etc.

A q for you - does your boat still have a capacity plate sticker ? what are the numbers on it - - the sticker on my '98 268 is gone. She's getting re-powered right now.. thought i'd inquire..

cheers.
Thanks. I'll be down at the boat tonight and see if the capacity plate is still in place, I don't recall seeing it. I have had good luck with Grady White customer Service for info though. Will let you know how switching back to the 15 prop works out.

Patsy Mac

Reaction score
Model
Islander

cheers.
What are you repowering with? And where do you run her out of?

aharnden

Reaction score
Model
Islander
What are you repowering with? And where do you run her out of?
Repowering with twin Suzuki DF175 ; supposed to have 21" props but we'll see .. im in a line up currently and the boat is actually new to me- so getting everything checked out before putting it in. Location: Pacific Northwest.

Tx if you can locate it, I'm very curious of the #'s.

deepdesire

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Islanders are 26'11" LOA and therefor do not have capacity plates. They have yacht certification plates. For max hp and transom weight limitations call Grady White or research year for specs

aharnden

Reaction score
Model
Islander
That makes sense.

I did contact Grady, who pointed me to the NMMA, who said hulls older than 10yrs would need to contact the manufacturers to which Grady replied that it really should be the NMMA that provides the plate.

Ah well..

cheers!