2002 Grady White 228 Seafarer for sale - $25k - Not Mine

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not mine, just passing it along. Looks like a decent boat besides the cowling on the outboard looking a bit rough.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ok OK Mustang, it is time to start the Mustang "Spot a Grady app" with appropriate comments on condition, recommendation and or deficiencies. No?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Or just change my name to “MustangTheGradyHunter” ;)

Call it a little bit of a habit after looking for one for just over a year, but I still enjoy looking to see what’s out there and at what prices. Plus, it’s always fun helping people find their dream boat and helping them spend their own money :D

Reactions: TheCheez

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I love it! Because at least I know that someone is looking for the good ones and weeding out the scams. I’m still looking for mine. Sadly the listing has expired or been sold

any thoughts on this https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/d/north-fort-myers-grady-white-208/7505508396.html
It looks like it’s been sold then, which I’m kind of surprised it took as long as it did since it was still available and the other day when I looked.

I think the listing you posted is quite overpriced for what you get. It’s $26k for a 1995 when the 2002 GW 228 Seafarer that I linked was only asking $25k for it. I also bought my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer for $26.5k last fall, so only $500 more. A bigger boat that’s 9 years newer, has a harder top, 4 stroke main and so on. I linked this one in another thread.

hattieice

Reaction score
Yeah… figured for the age it was overpriced. Even with the kicker engine and reported condition.

I do want to be 2000 or newer but under $30k so I’m still checking for the unicorns. But I also realize I’m not good at knowing the good from the bad when it comes to what is out there.

so I do appreciate you having some fun shopping and pointing out some good finds for those of us still hoping!