2003 seafarer 228 hardtop canvas extension recommendations?

BlueFlu15

Reaction score
Hi- does anyone have any suggestions for a canvas extension to hang off the back off my Grady 2003 228 hardtop? i’m looking to keep the sun off the kids and wife on the back deck. I’ve seen some after market ones that go into the rear rod holders but the dimensions seem to be off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

seasick

Reaction score
I remember an article a while back in Boating magazine about installing one of those shades. I don't remember most of the details but the price of the kit surprised me. It was $3000 or thereabouts.
..... I found the article I think. It is for a forward sunshade but the article lists several manufacturers and maybe that will help.

BlueFlu15

Reaction score
I remember an article a while back in Boating magazine about installing one of those shades. I don't remember most of the details but the price of the kit surprised me. It was $3000 or thereabouts.
..... I found the article I think. It is for a forward sunshade but the article lists several manufacturers and maybe that will help.

Wow! That’s a lot more than what I was looking to spend. I’ll keep Looking... thx for the quick response.

Fishtales

Reaction score
i think unless you jury rig something, probably not worth it. The cost is prohibitive and you would end up with something that is custom. I've used a 6X8 tarp tied between the hard top rod holders and poles in the aft rod holder with success for a night situation to keep the dew off.