2004 330 Express - Radio/Speaker wiring

Reaction score
i have a 2004 330 Express that i installed a Fusion stereo in the cabin. i am trying to install a remote up at the helm. i am wondering if anyone has tried getting cable from their radio to the helm other than the way it is factory installed. i don't want to mess with the head liner in the cabin. i can get from the radio down to under the sink where i found a rigging tube that gets me to where the fresh water pump is located. now i am trying to find a way to get from there up to behind the electric panel box.

Any suggestions/ideas appreciated!

HMBJack

Reaction score
In my experience (on a 2006 330), that is hard to do. I have tried to do the short cut from the FW pump alley to the area you describe for no love. The only sure fire way I can think of is to take the long route. That is - go aft on the port side to the battery, genset area, make a U turn and go up the starboard side towards the head then over to the electrical panel. I personally know of no other way to do it after trying to do what you have in mind. Just buy a roll of long wire and have at it. I use a section of romex wire as a snake and it works well as does a tape measure. Good luck!

Reaction score
In my experience (on a 2006 330), that is hard to do. I have tried to do the short cut from the FW pump alley to the area you describe for no love. The only sure fire way I can think of is to take the long route. That is - go aft on the port side to the battery, genset area, make a U turn and go up the starboard side towards the head then over to the electrical panel. I personally know of no other way to do it after trying to do what you have in mind. Just buy a roll of long wire and have at it. I use a section of romex wire as a snake and it works well as does a tape measure. Good luck!

Thanks. is there a path from the water heater area up to the console then? i was thinking that as my back up.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The starboard rigging tube ends up just behind the holding tank on my 2007. From the area of the head holding tank on the starboard side there is a tube that runs up to under the helm area. I haven't tried it, but it would seem you could go from the fresh water pump area (port side) up to behind the electrical circuit panel and then up to the helm.

GEOO

Reaction score
You can run the wire down to the sink, past the Air Conditioner, then into the bilge, cross over to the starboard side, then up the starboard side into the bunlkhead, then you're in.
You will need to remove the rear cabin box in the ceiling and starboard side panel. Here's what it looks like behind that box

Attachments

• 20150629_181450 sm.jpg
    20150629_181450 sm.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 53

Fishtales

Reaction score
I am looking at a new stereo, Someone here recommended using the existing wire if present from the original stereo and splicing into it. If you didn't have a remote, I think you will need to snake a wire. I'm thinking you use a strong solid wire snake and carefully work it to the spot you want under the headliner. Not going to be easy.

MikeC

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with GEOO, that's how I did mine on my 2004. Fusion remote on the dash to new head unit above the TV. Take refrigerator out and
get into tube that goes through under the sink, and then pinto where the AC unit. I installed a new amplifier at the time and placed it on the inside wall of the sink cabinet.

Reaction score
i can get from the radio (above TV) down to the sink and then into the tube down to where the fresh water pump & AC are. i cannot figure out how to get from there up to behind the electric panel / helm console. i set up a NMEA2000 there so all i have to do is get the cable from there back to the radio head unit and i am good to go.

Reaction score
You can run the wire down to the sink, past the Air Conditioner, then into the bilge, cross over to the starboard side, then up the starboard side into the bunlkhead, then you're in.
You will need to remove the rear cabin box in the ceiling and starboard side panel. Here's what it looks like behind that box

i can get from the radio (above TV) down to the sink and then into the tube down to where the fresh water pump & AC are. i cannot figure out how to get from there up to behind the electric panel / helm console. i set up a NMEA2000 there so all i have to do is get the cable from there back to the radio head unit and i am good to go.

GEOO

Reaction score
You need to go from the hvac unit, under the stairs, to the bilge near the shower sump, cross over to the starboard side, then up the wire chase shown in previous photo.

Reaction score
Did you take any pics of the installation? I am thinking about upgrading ours also.
Thanks,
Mike
I will take some pics next time i am on it. i replaced the head unit with a Fusion inside the cabin, i added a Fusion remote at the helm where the original Kenwood remote was, and cut out the speaker holes above helm to accommodate 8" Kicker speakers. Looks great and sounds awesome. The Fusion remote required i add a NMEA 2000 which i did under the console - behind the electric panel.

Reactions: grady33

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Any chance you could share some photos and explain exactly how you ran the wires? I’m planning on replacing my kenwood in my 2006 330 Express with Fusion MS-RA70NSX. Not sure I need the remote as it connects to my Garmin 7612xsv and I can also use the app on my iPhone. I like the idea of moving from 6 1/2 speaker to 8 inch! Let me know how you got the wires to box and if you ran into any problems? Also, how long did it take you?