2006 228G Stereo Speakers

pensagrady

Reaction score
I want to install a four speaker sound system in my Seafarer. Where are good locations to attach the four speakers to have decent sound at the helm and behind? I want the sound for the exterior area only (I may attach an auxillary set of speakers for the cabin later)?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you have a hardtop, I'd recommend running them high up there, but running wires there may not be super easy. The other 2 would go either under the gunnel's external mounts, or recessed where the courtesy cockpit lights are, since you will have some access and space behind it, and sound from there will be good. I would recommend placing the speakers forward of your listening area, the sound will travel better when you are driving and will be heard better. Face them aft, if they face forward they will be open to more spray to weather, and the sound will not travel as well.

G8RDave

Reaction score
I put two box speakers on my hardtop next to my spreader lights. Also, I put two flush mount speakers in the access covers next to the fish boxes (I bought replacement covers to use as mounts so I could put the originals back if I changed my mind or sold the boat). It turned out pretty well. Sounds great. Sorry, I don't have pictures.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
i have 2 in my access holes on the fish box and cooler

i'm going to change them, they get too wet when i clean the boat

G8RDave

Reaction score
Mine do too. I kinda thought that was why we put waterproof speakers on the boats. No problems yet and I have cheapo Pyle speakers. What issues are you having and where are you going to move them to?

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
i have pioneer marine speakers, they suck!
i want JL audio and heard they are the best
i was thinking under the gunnel
i do not have a hard top, so it is up in the air now

pensagrady

Reaction score
Gunwhale Speakers

Through this exercise I have decided to put a pair of speakers (Poly-Planar MA-7500) under the hardtop next to the spreader lights, and a second pair (MA-9020) near the rear under the gunwhales. StarMarineDepot has an excellent deal on the gunwhale speakers right now. See the link below. Has anyone had any bad experiences with either of these speakers?

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/detail.a ... e+Speakers