2008 33 GW - Twin 350's

gulfcart

Reaction score
Got it in September....At Captiva

BoatAtCaptiva.jpg

melkat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Beautiful rig! I really like the white canvas. the f 350s dont look to high profile. Great luck with her.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
melkat said:
Beautiful rig! I really like the white canvas. the f 350s dont look to high profile. Great luck with her.

Size is all relative (there's quite a bit of boat).

Nice boat, good luck with her.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
steve, beautiful. best of luck with it.

i'm also looking at the 33. couple questions if i may. how does it sit? from the picture it looks fairly level. i have a gulfsteam with twin f200's - unfortunately she sits low in the stern and the scuppers are mostly below waterline (also, the stern seat doesn't drain the rain gutter). your port scuppers look nicely above waterline; what about starboard and stern (especially with full fuel and water)? are you getting the tested 1.25 mpg at cruise speed? how are the fly by wire controls? do you notice any delay in repsonse? any specific complaints or comments about boat/motors?

ok, more than a couple. but i would appreciate any insight you feel like providing. again, best of luck, ron

gulfcart

Reaction score
ElyseM said:
steve, beautiful. best of luck with it.

i'm also looking at the 33. couple questions if i may. how does it sit? from the picture it looks fairly level. i have a gulfsteam with twin f200's - unfortunately she sits low in the stern and the scuppers are mostly below waterline (also, the stern seat doesn't drain the rain gutter). your port scuppers look nicely above waterline; what about starboard and stern (especially with full fuel and water)? are you getting the tested 1.25 mpg at cruise speed? how are the fly by wire controls? do you notice any delay in repsonse? any specific complaints or comments about boat/motors?

ok, more than a couple. but i would appreciate any insight you feel like providing. again, best of luck, ron

Geeeeeez... Here we go.. It sit s the same on both port and starboard.
Even fully loaded.
The performance info on the Grady site is pretty close.. Just depends on your load. I just took a trip to Captiva Island with a stop in Sarasota.. I cruised all day at 30 to 32 and got more like 1.15. - 270 miles. Close enough.
The wire controls are great, I had Verados before so I have some comparisons there are pros and cons to both. They are great no matter what.
The 350 response is awesome. They get up on plane quickly. I won't do it any other way. But then I haven't tried the 250's.

Complaints: The helm area is a disater. The center seat is a nightmare. If you have a couple of 300lbs fishing and they want to move around, the chair just doesn't make it. I constantly swear at it. You need to leave the turn bolt loose so you can turn it to get by. I will take a port or starboard helm control any time. I've had some issues but my dealer and GW have stepped up and taken care of all of them. I'm still trying to figure out the in hull transducer.. It won't work where they say in the 2008s. I've tried moving etc. with no luck cavitaites at 15 to 20 knots.

All in all it's still a great boat.. When it comes down to rough seas my fishing buddies always come to me to go out.. Awesome.. And the 1st mate loves it. Phew..Good thing.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
"Complaints: The helm area is a disater. The center seat is a nightmare. If you have a couple of 300lbs fishing and they want to move around, the chair just doesn't make it. I constantly swear at it. You need to leave the turn bolt loose so you can turn it to get by."

What i did with mine was,did not order the deluxe helm seat(too big), i took out the side arm rests and the L shape back rest from both port and starboard seats, and have no problem now.Other than that, i'm very pleased with the boat.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
steve/giorgio,
thx for the insight. i saw the same helm layout problems when i looked at the previous model. they said they gave more room in the 2008. guess it depends on your definition of "more." i figured that the helm seat would definitely have to be turned around at all times not in use to give reasonable access.

i'm interested in how you resolve the transducer issue. i like the in-hulls also. i have one on the gulfstream and it doesn't lose the bottom even at WOT.

glad to hear the fly by wire is solid. if i wind up doing this, i was concerned about learning to handle a larger boat and potentially having to anticipate throttle controls at the same time. (btw, there is a 33 with f250's in my marina. i'm told they push it, but there is effort to get to plane. you made the right choice.)

well, i'm taking the admiral and mates to the boat show on tuesday to check it out. again, thx for the comments. ron

gulfcart

Reaction score
What i did with mine was,did not order the deluxe helm seat(too big), i took out the side arm rests and the L shape back rest from both port and starboard seats, and have no problem now.Other than that, i'm very pleased with the boat.[/quote]

If you can shoot me a picture of that... I can't quite visualize it.
Thanks
sfc

GWcpa

Reaction score
Did I read that right? Not enough room for "a couple of 300 lbs?" Those are not your average size fishing mates.

Is the helm clearance a problem with access to the cabin or the benches?

Looks good with the arm rests removed, like a palm beach layout with the basic helm seat. I'd miss them though for the long runs out.

Gary M

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:

Although I might like to move up to a 330 from my Marlin one day, the Admiral does not like the fact that she'd be sitting behind me and so low that she'd not be able to see over the bow! She and my buddies enjoy having the same view forward that I do. I also enjoy have a second set of eyes looking forward as well.....

I rode to Bimini in sloppy seas twice on a 32 Luhrs Open with the sideways, bench seats and I can tell you that it was bloody uncomfortable! It would be great on this boat to have three, forward facing helm seats..... The Pursuit 3000 has it although this helm is also quite a mess.....

Pursuit_3000_Offshore-4.JPG