222 fuel tank configuration and why

PMCbear04

Reaction score
Question about 222 fuel tank configuration. Please confirm that the 92 gal main tank is aft and the 50('ish) gal aux tank is forward? My filler caps aren't labeled and I can't seem to find a schematic. I would have thought you'd want the heavier larger 92 gallon main tank weight forward to keep the bow down and boat balanced, no? Also considering most other weight already in the back (people, engine, etc.)
Any clarification helps and is appreciated.
Thanks for any input!

-B
'99 Fisherman 222, Yamaha 250 OX66
Pensacola, FL

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know, myself, but a super easy way to check would be to pop the deck plates and listen while someone is filling up. There will be a plate on the tank that will tell you what size each one is, but you'd still have to confirm which fill is for which tank - hence the "listening".

mboyatt

Reaction score
Easy way to find out would be to email Grady White customer service. They are great and always willing to answer questions. You will have the answer the following day. They have even been responsive to me on questions about a 1994 hull that I bought used. Give them a shout.

qdiver

Reaction score
My 93' 228 has just the main tank and it's up forward, I can tell you that for sure because were the secondary 52 gallon tank would be is I use for storage by adding a hatch. The nice thing I found when I did was that Grady was thoughtful enough to already have the plumbing/hoses there to add a second tank if the customer would want it. I thought that was very smart thinking on their part. See the pics of mine.. no rear auxiliary tank on mine Main tank forward for sure.

Attachments

• GW Clean up (28)_R.JPG
    GW Clean up (28)_R.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 530
  • GW Clean up (82)_R.JPG
    GW Clean up (82)_R.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 530