228 electronics on starboard

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a fishfinder and a separate GPS flush mount onto black starboard on the electronics box at the helm. The opening of the box is 17 inches by 7 1/2 inches high. I would like a 10.4 inch screen for a fishfinder and a slightly smaller screen for a GPS.
Any idea if this will fit???

jfmagana

Reaction score
Yes, it will fit fine. You should get the paper templates for your fish finder and lay them out on the Starboard lumber...

ALM082.jpg

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
thanks john. nice setup you have there.
I'm hoping to get a 10 inch screen and an 8 inch screen to the right of it.
Is your Furuno a 12 inch screen?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't think you will be able to get both a 10.4" and an 8" in there.

Seen here, the Lowrance was mounted as far over as it possibly could go. I could have fit a VHF or a small plotter in there, but another 8" screen wouldn't have worked.

S3500001-copy.jpg

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
Parthery, I think you are right. What model Lowerence did you put in? Do you think you could have put in the next larger screen size and center it in the starboard?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The Lowrance was the LCX-111 (now replaced by the 113) and its a 10.4" screen.

There are some 12" screens out there now....and one of those would fit as well...there is plenty of room behind the unit.

I installed it left of center, as my initial plan was to run a remote mic for the VHF to the dash and mount it to the right of the GPS. Actually bought one, but on my first attempt to install it, the plug was too big and wouldn't fit through the rigging tube from the hardtop. (There were too many other wires in the tube.) Before I could take everything apart and snake it through, I sold the boat.