Reaction score
Where is this boat located? It looks really clean

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
According to the post if you go to the link,,,,,Aiken, South Carolina.

Screenshot_20210312-095934_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Walleyze

Walleyze

Reaction score
Pending sale. Rats, it looks like I missed a clean one.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Keep you name on the list for it. The sale could fall through for any number of reasons. Don't give up too quick.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Here's a few in my part of the world.

rrcallih

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I wish I could see how the trolling motor was mounted. Im looking at putting one in my 228.

Walleyze

Reaction score
I noticed that too. I use a 24v bow mount for trolling Erie and the Detroit River on my 62 Duracraft. I assume they bolted it to that nose piece. I was thinking it must be max shaft link, but I really dont know how they sit in the water.

Walleyze

Reaction score
Do those outboards have a problem they are prone too?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Do those outboards have a problem they are prone too?

Dry exhaust corrosion. It's a known, well documented problem. Google it, alot of information out there about it. Most of us, like myself, have had the midsection replaced and gone on with life. Some continue to monitor it and haven't had a problem, no rhyme or reason why it effected some and not others.

Joshhook16

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’ve been trying to contact the guy through Facebook the day he posted it but I’ve go no reply, it’s very difficult to get onto him.

Pighunter

Reaction score

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I saw the one on Facebook from a different post on here, messaged the guy and never got a response. I always find it odd when people make a for sale ad and then they don't leave the two easiest means of how to communicate with them - phone or email. The only way you could "communicate" with the guy on Facebook was through Facebook Instant Messenger, of which I sent him two messages over a week ago and never got anything in return. I'm guessing it means the boat sold and he never pulled the ad? I also emailed the guy with the Craigslist ad back in North Carolina and told him I'd be interested if the deal with the current buyer fell through. I'm guessing it won't, $26k is a pretty good price. I really like the one on Facebook though as it doesn't have bottom paint on it, as I prefer boats that way. But most seem to have it. They had one on Boat Trader the other day that's already been pulled that I believe was a 2004 228 Seafarer with the hardtop but had bottom paint and was pretty underpowered with only a Yamaha 200hp outboard on it. I believe they were asking $28.5k and a day or two after I saw it online, the ad was gone. From what I've seen and heard, it seems like a 225hp outboard is the lowest that someone should go with, and a 250hp outboard, or even the newer ones with the 300hp rating, is ideal.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here are a couple more on Boat Trader. I think both boats are being listed at quite a bit more than their actual value, especially the 2000 that doesn't have a hardtop and comes with a 2 stroke motor.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Crazy....Same boat as mine but I have the hardtop and new electronics.

And to think people consider boats as a depreciating asset...Can sell and make double in just 16months!

Walleyze

Reaction score
Not a good year to buy a boat. Hopefully, next year will be better.