228G Seafarer Cabin Window Hinge

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello just wondering if someone might know where to find a replacement hinge piece for the side window in the cabin of a 228G Seafarer? I will include a picture. There are 3 of them on each window along the top that are tightened with allen
wrenches, thanks , Don

Attachments

• 3B3C7797-9E5F-4092-A5A6-50A4BEF2AC70.jpeg
    3B3C7797-9E5F-4092-A5A6-50A4BEF2AC70.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What year is your 228? Try a dealer close to you. Ebay is another source. Taylor Marine in Delaware is an active Grady White dealer that is on Ebay, might reach out to them.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It’s a 1999 I tried to Google it for parts but nothing comes up, I’m in Canada West Coast Vancouver Island but would like a part in the US or Canada thanks

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
sorry no idea. Wonder who makes the windows? Post when you find out more for future reference.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello just wondering in someone might know where to find a replacement hinge piece for the side window in the cabin of a 228G Seafarer? I will include a picture. There are 3 of them on each window along the top that are tightened with allen
wrenches, thanks , Don

Have you tried contacting GW. They are pretty helpful in these situations, they may lead you in the right direction with a vendor name or contact

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
No I haven’t tried contacting a GW dealer but may do that if nothing turns up elsewhere thanks

I'm actually referring to talking to GW directly the manufacturer not the dealer.

They have been helpful to me in the past

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's the reply from Grady;

Hi Mr. Davis, Unfortunately we do not sell parts direct. All parts sales must go through a Certified Grady-White Dealer. With the boat being a 99 model that part may be obsolete. Your dealer can check the availability for you through our parts department.

Thanks,

Joshua Lee

Grady-White Boats, Inc.

(252)752-2111 ext 294

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I should have mentioned that they dont sell parts directly but they might be able to tell u who made it.
Sorry for your troubles

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I know its an old thread, but did you ever find a replacement hinge? one of mine broke.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No unfortunately I never did find a replacement so I just gave up …
I found the handles for those awhile back and believe they're a 91 series Moonlight port, of which Googling 91 series Moonlight port hinges came up with this website. Not sure if that's exactly what you've got or not, or if the website is "legit" but that's what I could find. Also, there are a few other websites that I'll link below that appear to be the manufacturer of the windows, of which I'd have to imagine either they or a supplier would have to have some spare hinges laying around. Or they'd know of where you could get them. Let us know what you decide on doing as I imagine I'll likely have to replace mine at some point, and bcoco looks like he's in the same boat as you are.

Reactions: Don Davis

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
thanks for the reply

thanks
Check out my above comment to Don Davis and see if those are the ones that you need.

I found the handles for those awhile back and believe they're a 91 series Moonlight port, of which Googling 91 series Moonlight port hinges came up with this website. Not sure if that's exactly what you've got or not, or if the website is "legit" but that's what I could find. Also, there are a few other websites that I'll link below that appear to be the manufacturer of the windows, of which I'd have to imagine either they or a supplier would have to have some spare hinges laying around. Or they'd know of where you could get them. Let us know what you decide on doing as I imagine I'll likely have to replace mine at some point, and bcoco looks like he's in the same boat as you are.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
i did see those ports when i was searching also. i need to take a closer look at mine and see if they look the same.
thank you

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just an update. 2000 seafarer, port windows are definitely moonlight ports 91 series. ordered hinge from bsi-rigging, but the canceled my order. called ab marine in RI. and they sent me a hinge kit for moonlight port 91 series. 36.00 + shipping. fit perfectly.
thanks everyone.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
hinge assembly and all the bolt/ screws