265 express owners check this out!

tilewave

Reaction score
go on you tube and search "hurricane sandy crazy boater"
this guy is leaving shark river inlet. I heard a little bit of back story on this, not sure if its true.
the guys shown were supposed to pull the boat for the hurricane and couldn't so for some reason decided to run it to Manasquan inlet around 5-7 miles? away.
this is a testament of the seaworthiness this boat !

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looked easy to me! LOL. I have actually been through much worse! But, trying it on purpose is not a smart thing! Water looks very angry in the video!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
yep 330...no tailgate...

Still a dumb idea going out an inlet with breaking waves to run 6 miles south with angry waves on your beam the whole way so you can run into another inlet with breaking waves behind you...
For what?... to get your boat to a "safer" place?

And Manasquan River fared worse than Shark River in the storm. All the floating docks went over the poles....

Finest Kind

Reaction score
tilewave said:
go on you tube and search "hurricane sandy crazy boater"
this guy is leaving shark river inlet. I heard a little bit of back story on this, not sure if its true.
the guys shown were supposed to pull the boat for the hurricane and couldn't so for some reason decided to run it to Manasquan inlet around 5-7 miles? away.
this is a testament of the seaworthiness this boat !

I agree 100% THESE BOATS ARE SEAWORTHY! They will take A LOT MORE than the crew can take, that's for sure.

I did that same run myself but in reverse...left Manasquan Inlet and ran those 7 miles north to Shark River Inlet a day (or two? cant remember now) before Sandy hit...that was the SCARIEST solo ride I ever took...white knuckles all the way. Had the life vest on and my hand held VHF in my pocket while driving...
HUGE waves all the way but mostly on my stern quarter coming from the SE so it was do-able. Had the wind with the tide entering Shark River inlet so it wasn't as hairy as leaving Manasquan inlet was...

With the approaching mega storm I know I had to haul, so I had to make the run despite the WX because the Manaquan River Club Marina where I usually store was filled due to all the haul-out requests....made several calls before I found a space available at Bry's storage area on the Shark River.

As it turned out ALMOST ALL of the boats that were stored at the Manasquan River Club marina (where I would have gone if there was space) were totaled due to storm damage, as were MANY of the boats stored at Brys'....
However my boat and several others were sitting on a slight hill in the back of the yard, all the boats to the right of me in the front of the yard floated off their blocks in the surge and were destroyed while being crashed into each other...I got VERY lucky since due to that sight hill, my boat stayed on its blocks and suffered only minor gelcoat damage from flying debris.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I had my V20 at Manasquan River Club. Was going to leave it in. Thought it would be safe that far up river. Then they predicted 6 to 12 ft above high water...ran there with my trailer and pulled it the morning before it got bad. Docks got destroyed, boats in yard all floated and piled up. If I left it it would be crushed.