265 windshield wiper replacement

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FYI - after searching for a suitable replacement wiper (just the rubber wiper, not the whole blade assembly), I found the Bosch Microedge 18" blade fits perfectly. They only sell the whole frame and wiper so you have to remove the wiper from the frame, which is easy. The wiper snaps into the Grady frame nice and snug. The Bosch part # is 40718A - $11 at Autozone.

seasick

Reaction score
max366 said:
FYI - after searching for a suitable replacement wiper (just the rubber wiper, not the whole blade assembly), I found the Bosch Microedge 18" blade fits perfectly. They only sell the whole frame and wiper so you have to remove the wiper from the frame, which is easy. The wiper snaps into the Grady frame nice and snug. The Bosch part # is 40718A - $11 at Autozone.

Do you know if the wiper blade that was on the boat was an original part?. If so, yours is a good tip. Thanks

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not 100% certain it was the original but it looks like the pics in the literature and is all stainless. The Bosch wiper has a narrow groove width compared to the other blades I checked out.

seasick

Reaction score
max366 said:
Not 100% certain it was the original but it looks like the pics in the literature and is all stainless. The Bosch wiper has a narrow groove width compared to the other blades I checked out.

Sounds like it may be original. Next time in the store I will take a look at the Bosch blades (after I look at my wiper arm again:))