282 Parts and Accessories

dmcneane

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We are in the process of purchasing an '01 Sailfish that has an interior that needs some tlc. The boat does not have a micro. Can we use an off the shelf micro that fits into the access space? We need to purchase new curtains. Buy these from Grady? The refrigerator is missing all of the shelving. Where can we get racks for this? What is the best way to clean upholstery and vinyl? Thanks for your advice ahead of time....

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We are in the process of purchasing an '01 Sailfish that has an interior that needs some tlc.

>>> congrats!

The boat does not have a micro. Can we use an off the shelf micro that fits into the access space?

>>> Check with GW customer service. My 272 has a Sharp. The only mod was a foam insert to hold the glass turntable in place.

We need to purchase new curtains. Buy these from Grady?

>>> Get recs for canvas shops in your area. I am in process of having new canvas for my boat as well.

The refrigerator is missing all of the shelving. Where can we get racks for this?

>>> Get the maker and contact them. Should be no problem.

What is the best way to clean upholstery and vinyl? Thanks for your advice ahead of time....

>>> There are many good cleaners for vinyl such as 409, etc. You could try some Oxyclean on the upholstery.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
For the microwave, check the Boaters World or West catalog, a lot cheaper I bet than Grady. If the original microwave is larger than 0.5 cu ft, you can get 0.6 cu ft. and larger anywhere, for a song. Cheack teh dimensions, The 0.5 cu ft is a very uncommon size.

You can call the Grady dealer or local marinas by you and ask who they recommend for Grady canvas, even Grady dealers don't always recommend factory canvas for replacements due to much higher pricing.

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You can use any microwave that will fit,we have one from Sears in our Islander,800 watts and fits fine!

dmcneane

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cabin Curtains

Do any of you have information about replacement of the curtains in the head and in the galley?

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Our boat had no curtains however I would say you could find some material that you like and make your own new curtains,we went to a discount fabric store when we recovered all of the cushions,they had quite a selection of different colors and designs,hope this helps!