330 Express: Added a 2nd Livewell

HMBJack

Reaction score
During this shelter at home thing going on, I finally decided to do something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

I commercial fish my 330 and have a need to keep my catch alive as I get more $ per pound if it's alive (Cod).
The current 45G livewell is good but I fill that up and wanted more.
So, I went about modifying my rear fish box to be dual purposed: Fish Box or Livewell #2.

About $300 and a few hours later, it was done.
No pictures but for you 330 (or similar sized) GW Owners, here's what I did:

1. In the stern bilge, removed the 3/4" nipple feeding the A/C Pump from the sea cock.
2. Installed a 3/4" NPT Tee on the sea cock. Inserted a new 3/4" nipple on the Tee & re-connected the A/C water hose.
3. Installed a ShurFlo Bait Sentry 1100 GPH on top of the Tee (same 3/4" NPT thread as the A/C nipple above).
4. Routed a 7 foot long 1 & 1/8" hose from the Pump up and over the battery area (Port Stern).
5. With a sharp Hole Saw, installed a SS Through Hull fitting in the upper port side end of the fish box (on flat area).
6. Routed a 5A fused 12V line with switch to the pump. Water Proof Blue Seas switch located in cabinet near fuel valves.
7. Installed your basic stand pipe Livewell Drain tube in the fish box drain fitting (push in type, not threaded).
8. Timed my fill rate in the tank with A/C on (10 minutes) & A/C off (7 minutes). Height of stand pipe = 2/3'rds of original height.

Some comments:
- I now have doubled my Livewell capacity while still keeping a fully functional A/C system.
- I will probably not run the A/C while using the rear Livewell as I wish not to diminish water flow to the system.
- This makes sense since I'm not in the cabin anyway when I commercial fish.
- I still have a perfectly functional fish box to load ice, etc. as I wish + No New Holes under the waterline.
- Only negative is that large rear fish box (when in Live well mode) sloshes water sideways due to no baffles (in rough seas).
- But, the darn thing works great and thought I'd share this modification with those that might have a similar need.

Last edited:
Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That was a bit of genius there!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sounds great. Pics would be nice when you can post them.