330 Express Bilge Blower Location

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Does anyone know off hand where the blower For the generator area is mounted? Mine is noisy and I thought I would replace it. We are having our first tropical storm here in Myrtle Beach so I went down to the boat to sure up the lines. I took a quick look in the pouring rain for the blower. Couldn’t see it? Surely they didn’t put it under all the batteries? That where the noise was coming from.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That's where it is since it needs to be in the lowest part of the bilge where the fumes might collect.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That's where it is since it needs to be in the lowest part of the bilge where the fumes might collect.
The pickup end of the hose should be in the lowest part of the bilge. It’s actually safer to have the blower up higher Out of the water and denser fumes. A lot of builders mount them to the underside of the deck. I just can’t believe I have to remove all 4 batteries and all the connections to access the dad gum blower! If that the case. That’s the first boneheaded move I’ve found on the boat, and I have had just about everything apart now.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
As I remember it, when I had the batteries out, I could see it, but it sure isn't accessible. Maybe you need to remove only the outboard two batteries, but my battery shelf appears to be fiberglassed in place. Mine has two hoses leading to the vent. I assume one out and one in. Let us know what you discover.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
As I remember it, when I had the batteries out, I could see it, but it sure isn't accessible. Maybe you need to remove only the outboard two batteries, but my battery shelf appears to be fiberglassed in place. Mine has two hoses leading to the vent. I assume one out and one in. Let us know what you discover.
I think your right my friend. Ugh!. mine works. I may leave it until it dies or next time I need batteries.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
In my 2009, it is behind the battery switches. It has a pickup hose that goes thru the divider into the lower rear bilge by the thru hulls. Then the exhaust hose goes up the the exterior vent.

Reactions: usmm1234

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
In my 2009, it is behind the battery switches. It has a pickup hose that goes thru the divider into the lower rear bilge by the thru hulls. Then the exhaust hose goes up the the exterior vent.
Can you get to it by sliding the battery switch box out. I have had that out twice to put new breakers in. I dont remember seeing the blower.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 01, remove the battery switch box, it should just lay down.
its under the batteries, if you need to remove the batteries its easier with the switch box out
If i remember correctly there is a space where u can see the blower, i replaced all the hoses on mine, there was nothing left

Reactions: usmm1234

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 01, remove the battery switch box, it should just lay down.
its under the batteries, if you need to remove the batteries its easier with the switch box out
If i remember correctly there is a space where u can see the blower, i replaced all the hoses on mine, there was nothing left
Thank you! I love Great Grady. It has been a huge help over the last year.

Last edited:

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Holly cow! Fsc60 and themikehyde saved me half the aggravation by steering me in the right direction. Thanks guys! I had to endure the other half. It was 86 degrees so I had a short sleeve shirt on. Big mistake. My arms look like I got in a cat fight. The fuel lines and wire runs block most of the access Once you have removed the battery switch box. The hardest part was getting my driver in there to get the screws out of the old Blower. The hose clamps cam off easy with a 5/16” nut driver. My hoses were in good shape, but I put new hoses on the blower inlet and outlet anyway.
My new Shurflo 3” Yellow Tail blower is a whole lot quieter and moves a whole lot more air then the old Attwood unit.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks to all for the ideas, I probably need to do that as well. I did have the battery switches out and did corrosion control on them a few years ago, may be time for that also.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks to all for the ideas, I probably need to do that as well. I did have the battery switches out and did corrosion control on them a few years ago, may be time for that also.
Yeah, I had done that before when I had to run a new 12v positive wire from the big red forward bilge breaker up to the forward bilge switch. My wiring harness had a break in it somewhere.
I shut my shore power off and pulled my main breaker panel out in the cabin. I unscrewed the clear plastic shield covering the back and soaked everything with corrosion block.Then the next day. I tightened all the Electrical connections. wiped it off and put it back in. I had it out recently, and everything looked great As a result.