330 express TV replacement

Lucky13

Reaction score
Looking to replace the TV on my 33 but the one that is there is square. Has anyone installed a newer TV on an arm that is adjustable. Also looking into the HD antenna mats to hook up to the TV they are supposed to have up to 100 mile range. Anyone with experience would love to hear. Also can you connect the TV to electronics if they are older?

Thanks

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I moved the stereo to the hardtop and put a DVD player over my new flat screen. The TV is on a 3 way adjustable swing out mount. Works great. BCE971E3-A339-4AB9-ACF8-05AD47C0BE35.jpeg

Lucky13

Reaction score
thank you. if you have any pics of the mount please post

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
monoprice.com has a wide selection of mounts, swingarms, etc.

Most LCD TVs will be primarily HDMI, but many still have RCA jacks (red/white/yellow) for video in/out.

The antennas are fine; you won't get 100 miles but you'll get 10.

I mounted a 32" Wifi smart TV on the outside of the head instead. It'll stream netflix, etc, etc, so really no need for anything else. My plan for the area where the TV used to be is one of those $99 plug-in countertop ice makers.

Attachments

• gradytv.jpg
    gradytv.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Reactions: grady33

jmaduzia

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
monoprice.com has a wide selection of mounts, swingarms, etc.

Most LCD TVs will be primarily HDMI, but many still have RCA jacks (red/white/yellow) for video in/out.

The antennas are fine; you won't get 100 miles but you'll get 10.

I mounted a 32" Wifi smart TV on the outside of the head instead. It'll stream netflix, etc, etc, so really no need for anything else. My plan for the area where the TV used to be is one of those $99 plug-in countertop ice makers.

love this set up and would like to do the same on my 2006 330. Could you send me some closer photos of how you mounted it and the TV you used? Any issues with finding a good area to mount? Did you use a back side mounting plate? Great job on this!!!! Thanks!

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Grady33, this was pretty easy. I wasn't sure I'd like the way everything fit, so to avoid putting new holes through the cabin wall, I took off the stainless grab bar and used those existing two holes to mount a scrap of starboard I had, so now I had a 1/2" thick piece of plastic on the wall I could screw into.

I then used this $11 mount from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKCIJU

I intended for this to be somewhat temporary, but the truth is it worked fine so will likely keep it the way it is. TV sits a little proud of the wall but that gave me plenty of room to stick in a small 120w inverter so that I can run the TV off DC instead of AC.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I think a TV, in all honesty, is cool. My issue is that I added a TV at my ranch and my buddy let it become his "I have to see the game or else" device....i.e. all of a sudden, I was watching his son, no-one else could watch whatever.. it was the game or nothing else.

That is why I carry my ipad now.. he can take care of himself.. lol.
That being said, if I had a 300 or larger.. I'd have one too :p (dream boat is the 330 ...heh)

Oh crap... just saw where you mounted it.. and one would fit on my 270... lord.... lol

R

Reactions: themikehyde

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Grady33, this was pretty easy. I wasn't sure I'd like the way everything fit, so to avoid putting new holes through the cabin wall, I took off the stainless grab bar and used those existing two holes to mount a scrap of starboard I had, so now I had a 1/2" thick piece of plastic on the wall I could screw into.

I then used this $11 mount from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKCIJU

I intended for this to be somewhat temporary, but the truth is it worked fine so will likely keep it the way it is. TV sits a little proud of the wall but that gave me plenty of room to stick in a small 120w inverter so that I can run the TV off DC instead of AC.
Thanks! Looks great and I’m wondering if possible to mount flat against the wall. With a really flat tv, it might would well. Any chance you could share a photo of being tv?

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks! Looks great and I’m wondering if possible to mount flat against the wall. With a really flat tv, it might would well. Any chance you could share a photo of being tv?

I don't have a photo handy but as I recall there's no reason why you couldn't mount flat on the wall or nearly so. I just didn't want the 2-4 extra screws going through the cabin wall to the head compartment when I was mocking it up, but use finishing washers on the inside and I'm sure it would come out fine. The TV I used was pretty fat as it was, so this wasn't a huge priority for me.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey, I had an issue with my TV as well and ended up buying this on off amazon. Fit perfect on the existing mount and in TV cubby.

Obviously off brand but works well. I plug in a digital antenna and pick up the free networks around me. I also plug in my Apple TV and use my WiFi to stream to it.

I just bought this one too, based on your post. It’s a lot better then the smaller one I had. The sound and picture are better.

Lucky13

Reaction score
did that fit on the current bracket and did the stopper still work. Send pics if you have them. I ended up mounting a TV that I had but had to get creative to make the bracket work and the stopper does not work anymore bc of the size.

Lucky13

Reaction score
Here is how mine came out.

Attachments

• TV1.jpg
    TV1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • TV2.jpg
    TV2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • TV3.jpg
    TV3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: grady33

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That looks great! I see up upgraded your radio. Just picked up Fusion radio and installing this weekend. Any tips? Need to run NEMA cord to under helm (electrical box). Not sure how yet! Thanks!

Lucky13

Reaction score
yeah came out nice. Just have to mount something now to hold it in place, the bigger TV wont work with the old stopper. Yes redid my entire stereo system last year and it is like night and day from what the stock system was. Put a sub under the front portion of the seat on the starboard side at the helm and added an amp that is under the sink. I also added two speakers in the cockpit as I did not have any back there. Yes ran NEMA cord to helm.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Awesome. I’m installing the new Fusion RA670. How did you hook up power and run the NEMA cord to under helm? Going high doesn’t look like an option so thinking of going under thru bilge are or something. Would love to hear how you did it and if you used same power from Kenwood system they had on there? Run new speaker wire?

Lucky13

Reaction score
Awesome. I’m installing the new Fusion RA670. How did you hook up power and run the NEMA cord to under helm? Going high doesn’t look like an option so thinking of going under thru bilge are or something. Would love to hear how you did it and if you used same power from Kenwood system they had on there? Run new speaker wire?
ran all new and went high