336 power steering

Christos

Reaction score
Quick question... I dock my 336 without plugging into shore power. I always shut off both my batteries and turn off my power steering switch that is underneath the helm seat. My question is... do I need to shut off the switch under the helm after turning off the batteries?... or does the power steering still draw after batteries are turned off? Sometimes, I forget to turn it on and realize when I am starting to pull away (pretty heavy motors without the power steering), then find myself scrambling under the seat to turn it on while in motion.

thanks in advance.

Chris

JiminGA

Reaction score
No idea - but I'd say give Jeff Brown or any of the guys at GW customer service a call. They will give you the correct answer!

BTW, I have GW's phone number stored in my phone - even gave them a call while cruising the ICW a few weeks ago about a small issue. They got me squared away in "real time" - problem solved. Now THAT"S customer service! :D

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As far as i know, there is no power steering switch, i was never apointed to one any way. The only thing i do is shut down my batteries and the main DC switch at the panel inside the cabin. Everything should be shut exept the bildge pumps. Where is the switch you talking about? The only switch that i know is for the thruster and is under the seats where the batteries are, i never shut that one either.

Christos

Reaction score
I call it the "power steering switch"... maybe that is not the correct termonology? It's in the compartment behind where your legs would be if you where at the wheel. Open that up and to the far left there is an on off switch. If you turn it off then the assisted power steering is disengaged.

townvet

Reaction score
I never touch the power steering "switch" but I always shut down the big red button for the bow thruster. I think I was told this actually locks the bow thruster and keeps it from spinning while you are under way! I am not sure if this is correct or even important, just what I was told.

I have left my 336 for as long as 1 week not plugged in and even left the batteries on (forgot) and had no issues when I came back.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I never knew there is a switch for the Power steering, i will look it up. I never shutdown the bow thruster switch.
Teleflex sent me a letter yesterday that says that something is wrong with the power steering i have and i should call my dealer, any body else got something like that?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
I never touch the power steering "switch" but I always shut down the big red button for the bow thruster. I think I was told this actually locks the bow thruster and keeps it from spinning while you are under way! I am not sure if this is correct or even important, just what I was told.

I have left my 336 for as long as 1 week not plugged in and even left the batteries on (forgot) and had no issues when I came back.

i always push in the thruster kill button. fyi, that is only a circuit disconnect, can't see how it would lock the thruster blade. ron

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I never knew there is a switch for the Power steering, i will look it up. I never shutdown the bow thruster switch.
Teleflex sent me a letter yesterday that says that something is wrong with the power steering i have and i should call my dealer, any body else got something like that?

i just emailed with Jeff Brown. apparently there is nothing actually "wrong" but teleflex has determined if water gets into the system, the pump may shut down. if you slowly read the "advisory" it basically says to maintain your system and watch for leaks. ron