99 Sailfish remote oil tank pump

Gianni

Reaction score
Went crazy last night trying to find the oil pump location. I removed the bait well- took apart side panel. I looked everywhere- the only thing I didn't do was remove the rear tank and I'm guessing that's where it probably is??

I have no idea who designed this that way if that's the location because I can't fit or get to it?
Twin yanaha 225 ox66..

Any suggestions

seasick

Reaction score
The electric remote tank oil pump is mounted on the back of the tank in a molded in cavity. You have to remove the tank to get to it.

Gianni

Reaction score
so That would be the last tank versus the stern correct?

seasick

Reaction score
I don't understand you question. Can you explain your problem in more detail? If you are getting an alarm, what alarm do you get.

The big tank that you put the oil in is called the remote tank and it is usually located in one of the aft lockers, generally on the opposite side from the batteries.
The smaller oil tank mounted on the motor under the cowling is called the Main tank. It gets oil from the remote tank using the electric pump on the main (big) tank.

There is also a mechanical oil pump on the crankcase but that is a whole other beast

Gianni

Reaction score
The pump behind the storage tanks if that's where they are- aren't working. We bought a new one

Attachments

• CBD9B1C4-4B5D-4D6B-8134-F992032816F2.jpeg
    CBD9B1C4-4B5D-4D6B-8134-F992032816F2.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 2

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Remove the livewell in the transom. The oil tanks are under there. There is some plumbing that had to be removed also that can be accessed in the plate on the transom wall to get the livewell out. I had to buy new fittings since the plastic was brittle and snapped.