AC SHOW

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anybody headed to the AC show this weekend? Got a free room at Harrah's so I should get 2 days out of it, fri+sat.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I went Friday. I thought the grady display was a little small as compared to NY but overall I think this show is better.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think many dealers downsized their displays due to low sales at the NYC show. Grady was one of the few who sold a decent number of boats at the NYC show, some brands sold only one or two boats, the market is not what it was and many just are not buying. Also, the AC show is usually from dealer stock boats, the NYC show is both dealer stock and Grady inventory so it is easier to bring more of the fleet.

MRT

Reaction score
I was there Friday night as well. Sorry I couldn't meet up with anyone - ended up going with my wife who kept me on a tight schedule.

The grady display was a lot smaller then last year & mostly smaller boats. The dealer said they were having a pretty good show though. I pressed him a little and he stuck with it. We bought our boat from him in the fall, so I can't see any motivation for him to mislead me...

HOOPER

Reaction score
I went on Saturday. They had the Tournament 205, Seafarer 226, Gulfstream 232, Canyon 336 and Express 330. I was hoping to see the Adventure 208 there as I am planning on an upgrade in a year or so. I noticed the 205 and 226 were less than 10K apart in price. Is this normal? The 205 was well optioned but the 226 is still a bigger boat. Does this have anything to do with popularity/demand? Overall it was a good show and very informative. I look forward to next year's show and maybe a deal on a 208.

Myj314

Reaction score
seafarer 226

I was at the show Sunday afternoon, I thought the grady display was fine. I have bought all of my boats from the dealer that was there, and I keep my boat at their marina, they are very customer friendly, and really want you to have the best boating evperience. Grady White is first class!

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: seafarer 226

Myj314 said:
I have bought all of my boats from the dealer that was there, and I keep my boat at their marina, they are very customer friendly, and really want you to have the best boating evperience. Grady White is first class!

Myj314... I feel the same way you do. That's a common theme among Grady customers... Grady does not tolerate dealers who do not follow their view of how to treat customers. My dealer is fantastic and I know the one across the LI Sound from me has a great reputation as well. I have complete confidence in my dealer and they have my trust and respect. Just an example: last summer they came down to my boat and installed a new windlass and TV Inverter... all under warranty. I'm 70 mi from my boat so I was not present when they did this work. When I did show up at my boat I couldn't even tell they had been there... not one smudge, foot print or piece of trash anywhere. If it wasn't for the new horizontal windlass(previous one was verticle) I would have been really wondering if they were ever there.