Add steering and throttle controls to a tower

Grady fun 5

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I’m adding a small spotting tower to my boat this winter and just wondering if anyone has done this. The boat had twin 350’s so they are drive by wire and would the steering tie into the hydraulic’s that already exist. I plan on having it done by a professional but curious if anyone has done this

seasick

Reaction score
The throttle and shift as you might imagine should be quite straightforward. For the project routing the new wiring harnesses and plumbing will be the biggest challenge.
The steering is a bit more complicated . The hardest part will probably be running the new hydraulic lines from the existing helm to the second station.
Sounds like a fun project.

Grady fun 5

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
The throttle and shift as you might imagine should be quite straightforward. For the project routing the new wiring harnesses and plumbing will be the biggest challenge.
The steering is a bit more complicated . The hardest part will probably be running the new hydraulic lines from the existing helm to the second station.
Sounds like a fun project.
I think all your thoughts are right on, and over the winter I may tackle it with a bit of professional help