Adding a Table to the rear cockpit

jbloom

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Has anyone added a teak table to the rear cockpit of their Grady Walk-Around?
I'm looking to add a table and post that is removable but doesn't have a raised base on the floor for safety.
I think some BW's have this.
Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Garelick, Todd, Wise etc - all of these manufacturer's make tables and tables bases. Many (practically all, actually) of the bases would be consdiered flush mount bases. The bases stick up about 1/4" above the floor. That is the norm. You'll need a spot to allow the "cup" of the base to protrude below the deck a few inches. Regardless of the base/pole manufacturer - you can fit any table on top. In other words, you can buy the teak table as a separate item and just screw it on. FYI, check out the teak table that comes with the Sea Ray SLX lineup - it folds in half for easier storage. Very nice table. Actually, you could even get the whole kit from Sea Ray. They even have one where the base in mounted on a vertical section of the boat (I believe Garelick makes the base) so there is nothing on the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: reelserious

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is this table for eating or is it like a fillet table with filleting up fishing and whatnot?

jbloom

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Was looking for a removable teak table for eating and drinking, like Dennis described. But wanted something to mount on the floor that no one would trip on when it's not there. I think when I'm at the NYC Boat show this month I will take some pics of the Boston Whaler table mounts.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Don't forget to look at other manufacturer's - like I mentioned, Sea Ray has a very nice setup - and I'm sure others.

But even the "normal" floor mount base, as I noted, are NOT a tripping hazzard. They are close enough to "flush" to be called "flush". I'm not sure of your experience, but I've been on dozens and dozens (and owned a few, as well) of boats with this setup and it has NEVER been an issue. In other words, if you are "assuming" that these nearly-flush bases will pose an issue... it's all in your head - in reality, they will not be an issue.

That said, the side-mount setup that Sea Ray has is even nicer. You might even be able to see some examples of this on SR's website - look at various bowrider or Sundeck models.