Adventure 208 Canvas Question

Claws641

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi everyone, I'm new here...just purchased a 1995 208. Im looking to get a new canvas enclosure and can get a great deal on a brand new enclosure for a 1997.
Does anyone know if a canvas top (including visor, side curtains and backdrop, from a 1997 208 will fit a 1995 model? They seem very similar.

Thanks!

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
From what I was told, no. But not positive. I bought an enclosure (factory 1995) for my 1996. The guy I bought it from had a 1997 and said it wouldn't fit his which is why he sold (he bought and thought it would fit) Windshields are somewhat different shape.
I am trying to determine same thing and if enclosure is different but bimini the same?
I need a factory bimini to match my 1995 enclosure - have a post and someone is going to measure there 1994 bimini.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
From what I was told, no. But not positive. I bought an enclosure (factory 1995) for my 1996. The guy I bought it from had a 1997 and said it wouldn't fit his which is why he sold (he bought and thought it would fit) Windshields are somewhat different shape.
I am trying to determine same thing and if enclosure is different but bimini the same?
I need a factory bimini to match my 1995 enclosure - have a post and someone is going to measure there 1994 bimini.
Crab
Claws - any update on this? Also sent you a message.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd give AJ Canvas in NC a call. Have your hull ID number ready. They likely have the patterns and will make you an exact stock set. Going through this right now for my boat. This is the way to go.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I'd give AJ Canvas in NC a call. Have your hull ID number ready. They likely have the patterns and will make you an exact stock set. Going through this right now for my boat. This is the way to go.
Thanks, I have a 1996 and have already called them and they do not have the pattern (seems maybe for 1997 or newer they may but that had a different windshield which is rounded out and I am not sure about the fit).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fishtales

Reaction score
ready to pull the trigger on a complete set for my marlin once I pull her for the season....

Claws641

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Imjus4u: sorry I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to respond. I am still looking for the enclosure curtains for my 95 208. If you choose to sell yours or come across another set please let me know! In the meantime I’m considering buying the curtains for a 97 (which are readily available online) and trying to see if they will fit with some minor alterations.....just not sure it’s gonna work and don’t want to waste time/money. If anyone has any experience with this please advise...

Fishtales

Reaction score
Another option is to either have someone take dimensions of what you need (assumes they have one and you don't) or find someone on the board and go take measurements yourself. You can provide to AJ and they can fabricate. I'm sending my complete set to them to replicate over the winter but I'm sure if you sent good pics and dimensions they could make for you.