Another windlass question

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is there a flat round plate that will replace the bow lifting eye? I installed a windlass on top of the hatch last week, and although the chain is above it under tension, it rubs with any slack.
As to the anchor itself, on my NTM Seafarer, an 11 pound Danforth style sticks out so far that I had to remove it to reload my boat at the ramp, to get it over the trailer winch. I can move the winch down a few inches, and that may get by, but I can't even open the rear hatch on my Suburban any longer.
I really don't see any need, or any advantage, for that much pulpit on that size boat. With my motor raised, my 22 foot boat is over 30 feet long. I much prefer the heavy duty roller I have on my Tournament, which is exactly the same hull. That roller actually covered the hole where I removed the bow lifting eye for that install.
If we keep this boat, I may look at putting on a shorter pulpit, that ends just forward of the rail stanchions, with a good self launching roller.
With the OX66, I sometimes get a rough idle when the lower two cylinders kick out, and with the anchor on that long pulpit, it vibrates noticeably.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Do you have a picture of each of your setups? I'm trying to decide between a pulpit or just a roller.