Anybody else do this? Where do I look?

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I’ve got 2 used 175 ETec outboards I need hauled from FL to Ct anyone else do this ? Can you recommend a company ? or someplace I should look online?
Thanks in advance

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
In 2016 I shipped a used 150 Etec. Had the local dealer I used to verify compression/hours work with shipping company they had relationship with. They boxed it correctly as well. I want to say it was just shy of $600 from South Carolina to Houston Tx. Key was it was business to business shipping since I had it go to my TX shop where boat was.

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
In 2016 I shipped a used 150 Etec. Had the local dealer I used to verify compression/hours work with shipping company they had relationship with. They boxed it correctly as well. I want to say it was just shy of $600 from South Carolina to Houston Tx. Key was it was business to business shipping since I had it go to my TX shop where boat was.
Thanks for the quick response Sean
This will be biz to biz ship also and crated. Do you remember hauling co. name ?
How’s that E Tec treating Ya?
I’ve read so many varied and conflicting reports on them.
Thanks again

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
We loved that motor! Loved the boat too but got too small for growing family so sold it last year and now have a 2015 Freedom 225 with a 300 Yamaha. Unfortunately don’t know the shipping company.

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
We loved that motor! Loved the boat too but got too small for growing family so sold it last year and now have a 2015 Freedom 225 with a 300 Yamaha. Unfortunately don’t know the shipping company.
Thanks for the input
I’ve been trying to get quotes online and no real traction, guess I’m gonna have to work the phone

Pollyhook

Reaction score
Model
Tigercat
Hello Scot Smith, If you don't transport boat till now then i would also like to add my recommendation because couple of week back i also shipped my boat from florida with the help Citizenshipper Haulers. And it was great experience with them.

1 important i would like to add is that You will be required to pay for tolls when transporting boats across state lines, therefore essential to conduct research on the shipping route and to inform the shippers as well.
Hope it help

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hello Scot Smith, If you don't transport boat till now then i would also like to add my recommendation because couple of week back i also shipped my boat from florida with the help Citizenshipper Haulers. And it was great experience with them.

1 important i would like to add is that You will be required to pay for tolls when transporting boats across state lines, therefore essential to conduct research on the shipping route and to inform the shippers as well.
Hope it help
Thanks Pollyhook,
I am currently working with a guy from that site and it - so far- seems to be good, I’ll let you know

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Scot: I use a one-man company called Tony Stewart (561.253.4007). I've been using him for twelve years.

If I understand it, you only need engines shipped. If they are crated, could they go in the bed of an F350 while Tony moves a boat north from FL? You would likely get a better price on a double-haul like that.

Tony is licensed and insured. He has always taken good care of my boat.

Rob