Anyone know where to get these hatches?

Fishtales

Reaction score
sorry that is the hasp.
You could make them out of starboard if you wanted or maybe polycarbonate if you have access to someone that can cut it for you.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I guess the red lines are a little deceiving.
The hasps are fine, its the frame that is broken on the corners.
May have to make em as you say, Good winter project, I would love to just route them out of a solid piece of Starboard

Fishtales

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Get the right blade, cut them on the table saw and then router the outside edge. You could probably get flush mount latches from Southco so you don't bang your lower legs. Can add some back side pieces to strengthen the starboard if too thin.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
If your handy you could easily make them yourself, starboard is pretty easy to work with. If you are not handy, try boat outfitters as they do custom hatches, doors etc.

seasick

Reaction score
You be able to repair the existing. Remove the doors and then the frames and see if for the most part they are sound. You can apply epoxy resin and filler on the bacj edges and fill the gaps. Then you would add some gelcoat tinted to your color. If te frames are usable, that will be a lot less work.
If the gouges and cracks ar not too bad, you can use MarineTex also but the color won' match if that is an issue.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
You be able to repair the existing. Remove the doors and then the frames and see if for the most part they are sound. You can apply epoxy resin and filler on the bacj edges and fill the gaps. Then you would add some gelcoat tinted to your color. If te frames are usable, that will be a lot less work.
If the gouges and cracks ar not too bad, you can use MarineTex also but the color won' match if that is an issue.

Someone just did this repair using superglue and baking powder will see of incandescent fond the thread (also search youtube), came out good but not sure about longevity.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure

I might go this route. :)

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Someone just did this repair using superglue and baking powder will see of incandescent fond the thread (also search youtube), came out good but not sure about longevity.

I am NOT going this route. LOL

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you ever get stranded, you can scrape out the baking soda and brush your teeth... A true 2fer.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
May try this one from flea-bay. It looks like it might work on the port side.Port-HatchDoor.jpgHatchDoor.jpg

Last edited:

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I don't think that I would be happy with that substitution. Somebody like Finnaddict Marine could give you an exact duplicate, with that photo, the outside dimensions of the frame, and the dimensions of the door.
The screws are so close to the edge of the frame that it makes me think the cut-out may be too large, and you might upsize the whole thing to fit better. What are the dimensions?
Finnaddict's website may be undergoing a makeover at the moment, but they are also on Facebook. They are in Benson, NC., where are you?

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I don't think that I would be happy with that substitution. Somebody like Finnaddict Marine could give you an exact duplicate, with that photo, the outside dimensions of the frame, and the dimensions of the door.
The screws are so close to the edge of the frame that it makes me think the cut-out may be too large, and you might upsize the whole thing to fit better. What are the dimensions?
Finnaddict's website may be undergoing a makeover at the moment, but they are also on Facebook. They are in Benson, NC., where are you?

I am not too fond of the dual latches. I think I could live with the look otherwise.
As far as the cutout size and the screw holes so close to the edge of the original frame, I think you may be right. Only way is to pull it out and get some good cutout and overall O.D dimensions.
Thanks for the lead on Finnaddict - I priced it over at boatoutfitters which was about $55 more. :eek::eek:

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
thanks usmm
I looked them up. Apparently they are part of boatoutfitters which is where I originally prices them. About $200 /apiece. :rolleyes: