Anyone with some help.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Today I went to the boat to put the curtains down after being rolled up for the summer. Well.... bad news, the rear curtain on the starboard side has partially pulled from the channel at the top where it meets the hard top. I tried putting the curtain back into the channel with no luck. It’s such a tight fit, I can’t figure out how to reinstall. Any help?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You're not trying to shove it back in the crack, you pulled it all the way out, and tried to re-insert it from the end of the track, right? Try some very soapy water.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Glazierbaze, thanks for responding. No, I haven’t done anything. The end of the track is sooo tight and close to the frame that I didn’t want to try to jam it in. Hence the post asking for guidnace.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just had to take mine off to repair a zipper and it can be a PIA to get them back in the slide. I had to remove my rear quarter side curtains and then feed the rear curtain into the slot from the side opening .If the opening is that tight you could just pry it out a bit to accommodate. Most boats will also have a slot in the center of the rear curtain rail. If you have that set up it is pretty easy. Just unzip the rear curtain for the the side curtains and slide it out of the rail. To replace just slide the entire curtain back into the slide.

seasick

Reaction score
You can try a smear of zipper lube, available at most marine stores

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What Legend said and then some. I have multiple slots in which to install the curtains. My rear setup has one pretty good size slot in the center to work the curtain into. Sides have the multiple slots.
Curtains shouldn't have pulled out of channel, might want to look at the channel to see if it has spread apart for some reason. All my channels fit pretty tight and the ends are flared somewhat to help with inserting the curtains into the track.

seasick

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to take another one off to put one on...if that makes sense.
That is so true but my problem is remembering the order next time. Seems like I always have to redo a panel:)

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That is so true but my problem is remembering the order next time. Seems like I always have to redo a panel:)

I start in the front and work my way down both sides then hang the backdrop last.

seasick

Reaction score
I start in the front and work my way down both sides then hang the backdrop last.
That makes sense and is how I would expect that I do it.But, as I think about, i remember that the back panel won'y line up with the side panel zipper if I install in the sensible order:) On my 208 I have a Bimini and the side panels are zippered nit slid into channels. The good or the bad news, is that I don't use the curtains very much these days. It 's not global warming but rather my aging bones can' take the colder weather. So these days, I tend to haul a bit earlier that years ago.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You have to slide them fully in and out at the ends. You likely need to take a few sections out. I always take mine down at the end of the season. When I install I work bow to stern.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Legend, I’m going to go with your suggestion first of removing the rear center and then feeding in from there guys.

This is such a great forum.

Fishtales

Reaction score
for the aft, I take the small pie shaped pieces out of the track and slide the two aft sides through the center, push one of them 1/2 way over (the end come out of the track about 50%. this gives you enough room to get the aft center in. then slide the aft end back in. the two wedge pieces go in last. then zip them all up.