AP pump location

3ofakind

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hey guys, installing a Garmin reactor 40 on our 2006 Marlin. We have a genset, and hot water heater. Where is everyone mounting the pump? We are stumped.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had an same problem 2005 Marlin, had Aluminum Bracket made, hung on the plywood under helm. Just finished install, I can send pics and posted a few on another thread. Probably not the quietest spot, but I wanted it close to helm to Tee off. Simrad motor vs. Garmin, so probably a little different size.

Reactions: 3ofakind

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my Sailfish, it was outboard of the starboard side of the aft berth. Had to remove a panel to get to it, but after thirteen years, it was bone dry and dusty and showed no corrosion.

Overall, I wasn't happy with the old Furuno AP that came with the boat, and put a power-assist steering pump in same location instead. Love the power-assisted steering.

Rob

bwallbom

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a related question regarding the location of the Auto Pilot pump on my 2005 330 Express. It is not under helm or in starboard area where the hot water heater is supposed to be located (our helm AC compressor is located). Will be installing SeaStar Power Assist but it has to be ahead of AP so that is why locating the AP is so important

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a related question regarding the location of the Auto Pilot pump on my 2005 330 Express. It is not under helm or in starboard area where the hot water heater is supposed to be located (our helm AC compressor is located). Will be installing SeaStar Power Assist but it has to be ahead of AP so that is why locating the AP is so important

On my 2007 330 it is located behind the AC/DC switch panel in the cabin along with my sonar and autopilot course computer.

bwallbom

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks to everyone for suggested locations to look for the AP pump. I hope there will be enough room for the the SeaStar power assist.