Auxiliary fuel tank

quint vargas

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 1985 seafarer and it doesn’t have the auxiliary tank I see the leads for it but no hoses of vent lines any suggestions also locating a tank seems to be a problem I thing Moeller makes a 50 gal that will fit
Need som input thanks in advance

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I just completed Aux tank installation on my 1997 Voyager

Tank: OEM tank from Florida Marine Tanks - should come with sending unit pre-installed

Parts:
-Grady Parts List:
-2nd filler/cap assembly or match existing with after market filler (Grady model has vent hose connect fitting - Match Aux to Main Tank Filler)
-Fuel Tank Three-Way Valve Brass 3/8in and Brass barb to NPT fittings - Moller Marine is good one
-Double-Throw Grady fuel tank select switch to switch fuel gauge readout from aux and main tanks - may need to go aftermarket given your 1985 model year.

-Other Parts:
-Aux Tank Filler hose with double hose clamps installed at each end (Shield Marine Hose) - hose may already be factory installed as mine was)
-New Marine fuel line with double hose clamps at each end - Replace main tanks lines while at it (Shields Marine Hose)
-2nd inlet fitting to your water/fuel separator for aux tank fuel feed line connect
-Rubber Matt for new tank to sit on
-Tank mount spacers and/or hold-downs (Starboard, HDPE (PVC) Plastic Board, or Hardwood) see below video and your main tank hold-downs for ideas.

Good watch for new fuel tank installation:

Couple of pics from my Aux install

Attachments

• Web - Aux Tank.jpg
    Web - Aux Tank.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Web - Main Tank.jpg
    Web - Main Tank.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe the original owner took one out and didn't replace? Sometimes people do this if it were to leak and they don't require the range. I'm sure it could be added back. I'd be inclined to use an exact copy of what was installed at the factory as it is well proven. Maybe see if you can get details from GW.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I have a 1985 seafarer and it doesn’t have the auxiliary tank I see the leads for it but no hoses of vent lines any suggestions also locating a tank seems to be a problem I thing Moeller makes a 50 gal that will fit
Need som input thanks in advance
I like the idea of using a plastic tank - less trouble in the long run and easier/faster to install.