Belated birthday present

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just wanted to pass this on... dealing with Llebroc Industries was an absolute pleasure from ordering thru delivery. I had purchased a used Marlin this past fall which had a Llebroc Billfish helm chair with pivot arms. I liked it so much I wanted to match it and replace the bench seat on the port side with an exact duplicate. The folks at Llebroc walked me thru it, sent material samples and assisted in making the order online ensuring I’d get the free shipping and the 10% discount for being a Hull Truth member. They told me eta was 4 weeks out and I received in in just over 3 weeks.
Man what a beautifully made product for the money. Arrived at my office today intact without a flaw. Awesome people to deal with !!
FYI color is in stinger cream with white acrylic back.

Attachments

• 039EF388-F670-4614-8B44-AD0BE4603EEA.jpeg
    039EF388-F670-4614-8B44-AD0BE4603EEA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • A315822A-3978-463C-8B8D-5A869BBEB969.jpeg
    A315822A-3978-463C-8B8D-5A869BBEB969.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • 4C763075-24F8-421C-BCEB-1DE77DABE938.jpeg
    4C763075-24F8-421C-BCEB-1DE77DABE938.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • 512B5BF3-6090-4CF1-8CE9-7A92B108FA63.jpeg
    512B5BF3-6090-4CF1-8CE9-7A92B108FA63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85

Fishtales

Reaction score
Well birthday boy Pat caused me to think on this and order a chair as well for my upcoming birthday...

I recovered the companion and aft fold down seats as well as all the bolsters, so thought I should just get the helm chair as well.
I went with the 24" Marlin (GW uses a variant of this) with the white back and Voyager color (GW uses), the fixed pedestal and slide mount.

Also working a custom drawer assembly that will sandwich between the fiberglass liner base and the companion chair to give me 2 big drawers as well as lift the seat 5" to give better forward visibility from the seat bottom for my crew. Hopefully I can lock the design and have this for spring as well.

Figured I'm doing the transom, so let's do the rest of this and get her done for spring.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Well birthday boy Pat caused me to think on this and order a chair as well for my upcoming birthday...

I recovered the companion and aft fold down seats as well as all the bolsters, so thought I should just get the helm chair as well.
I went with the 24" Marlin (GW uses a variant of this) with the white back and Voyager color (GW uses), the fixed pedestal and slide mount.

Also working a custom drawer assembly that will sandwich between the fiberglass liner base and the companion chair to give me 2 big drawers as well as lift the seat 5" to give better forward visibility from the seat bottom for my crew. Hopefully I can lock the design and have this for spring as well.

Figured I'm doing the transom, so let's do the rest of this and get her done for spring.
Always a pleasure to instigate lightening of the wallet for fish brethren. Enjoy the new seat !!

Abulaycan

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Hmm, a seat like this would be a great gift for someone who seems to have everything (that's me). I get confused whenever my wife asks me about the desired gift for the next holiday. I don't know what I need, because I'm used to immediately buying what I like. But my car is another matter, I always have ideas to improve its appearance. But I'm never in a hurry with such improvements. I think I should drop my wife a link to some automotive trinket. She has already threatened to give me a gift basket with candies for every holiday. I love sweets, but I shouldn't be smooth...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat Hurley

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yes. An excellent seat. Get a solid mount as well to eliminate any rocking.

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I just wanted to pass this on... dealing with Llebroc Industries was an absolute pleasure from ordering thru delivery. I had purchased a used Marlin this past fall which had a Llebroc Billfish helm chair with pivot arms. I liked it so much I wanted to match it and replace the bench seat on the port side with an exact duplicate. The folks at Llebroc walked me thru it, sent material samples and assisted in making the order online ensuring I’d get the free shipping and the 10% discount for being a Hull Truth member. They told me eta was 4 weeks out and I received in in just over 3 weeks.
Man what a beautifully made product for the money. Arrived at my office today intact without a flaw. Awesome people to deal with !!
FYI color is in stinger cream with white acrylic back.
Do these seat backs recline at all?

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Tried the code as well, no longer active. I thought I read they gave around a 5% discount to people if they mentioned it through a phone order. But don’t quote me on that.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I was told thru another source that they no longer offer Hull Truth membership discount. Maybe ask Llebroc service rep
roger that thanks for responding. I'm definitely ordering this exact seat. I was googlizing the model and I read on another forum someone had a problem with the powdercoat on the arm hardware. There is an option to upgrade this to stainless but it's $350.00

how is yours holding up? do you have a picture of it installed on the boat?

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The helm chair came with the boat. I and my wife hated the bench seat on port side. We found it awkward and quite frankly in the way with lousey visibility. So I ordered another Marlin and it does have some stainless hardware on the bolster. No powder coat issues at all on the new or the older seat.
You may want to consider the Mako chair as as option too. Fishtales went with that one as I believe it is a bit streamlined and it is probably the one GW now uses. Maybe he could chime in and give you his opinion
IMG_3938.jpegIMG_3939.jpegIMG_3940.jpeg

Last edited:

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
BTW … I would suggest purchasing a solid pedestal at 12” in height and have it cut to 9” which seems to give great visibility both port and helm. The adjustable pedestal that came with the boat sucks. (It wobbles).

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The helm chair came with the boat. I and my wife hated the bench seat on port side. We found it awkward and quite frankly in the way with lousey visibility. So I ordered another Marlin and it does have some stainless hardware on the bolster. No powder coat issues at all on the new or the older seat.
You may want to consider the Mako chair as as option too. Fishtales went with that one as I believe it is a bit streamlined and it is probably the one GW now uses. Maybe he could chime in and give you his opinion
Thanks so much for posting those... I looked into the Mako seat and I don't like the pointy top. Both seats come in 24.5" and 26 ish inch sizes. Billfish is 200 more but I think I like it better

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Billfish is super comfortable… good choice