Bennett Trim Tab Pump Location

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know where the pump is located? I figure while I'm working on it, I'll check out the pump.
My helm switch needs to be replaced - spring is no longer working on one of the switches. Trim tabs work but one doesn't have good control. I reached out to Tabman on THT (Bennett Employees) and he confirmed it is likely the switch. Looks like an easy swap out.

Tx

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just put a new switch on mine a couple of weeks ago. One side stopped working. Very easy fix. Tabman helped diagnose it. My pump was in the cabin in the starboard side storage box, but this is on a 228.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Fishtales said:
Hi Does anyone know where the pump is located?

Mine is located behind the port panel in the mid-berth. Be careful putting the screws back in as the starboard is thin and it will crack if you go too tight....

Meanwhile

Reaction score
My trim tabs work but my trim tab indicator on the dash is not working, lighting up at all. Interesting that our boats are about the same age.

While scraping barnacles off the trim tab I hit a screw head and it bounced off. That happened again. Mine did not have any zinc on it, but they will tomorrow.!

It is always something.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Reach out to tabman on THT and go over the issue with him. The system is not complex. Likely the wiring or the led panel itself. You can also google videos on trim tab repair.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just changed my switch. One tab wasn't retracting and the spring wasn't working in the switch anymore. Quick fix and it took care of the problem.