Bethel Marine

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wanted to pass along my experience....

I was in the market for a new Class D VHF and stumbled upon Bethel Marine. They had the Ray49 for substantially less than anyone else around. I decided to give them a try, and called and placed the order. They were pleasant, knowledgable, and the radio arrived two days later via UPS.

It took a month of Saturdays before we had decent weather and I could get the radio installed. When I went to power it up for the first time, it came on and had squelch, but would not pick up any weather channels. I plugged in the ICOM which I had removed, and it picked up 4 weather channels sitting in my driveway, so that eliminated the antenna as the problem.

I called Bethel Marine on Monday of this week and they gave me an RMA to ship it back. Tues afternoon they called me to tell me that they had received it, bench tested it (it was dead), pulled a new one out of inventory, bench tested it to make sure it worked, and that it was being shipped out immediately.

Tues night I received an apology email from one of the owners, and today UPS delivered not only the new radio, but a gift tote for my trouble.

Based on my experience....I'd use them again.....