Bow thruster battery 2019 Freedom 335

capeman

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Is there a dedicated battery for the bow thruster on the Freedom 335? If so, where is it located?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
fyi, my '09 330 and '21 300 did/does not have a dedicated battery. if you look at your schematics it should show battery layout. good luck ron

Reactions: capeman

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not a dedicated battery. It usually is connected to one of the banks. Direct connection. If not working check that someone didn’t push in the emergency switch. You can check the online fuse - usually near the battery. It is quite large so it would have to be a gross failure to pop it.

Reactions: capeman

capeman

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Thanks for the guidance here. When the boat was launched this week the marina told me the bow thruster was broken. I went down to the boat the next day.. and well its working just fine. Wondered if there was a separate battery that was dead/drained and since it was on shore power for a couple of days maybe the battery was recharged. Since there is no separate battery then there is a different explanation.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance here. When the boat was launched this week the marina told me the bow thruster was broken. I went down to the boat the next day.. and well its working just fine. Wondered if there was a separate battery that was dead/drained and since it was on shore power for a couple of days maybe the battery was recharged. Since there is no separate battery then there is a different explanation.

not for nothing, but the marina should have called you before they launched, unless they weren't going to charge you a haul out to fix the thruster if external issues were at play. ron

capeman

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
not for nothing, but the marina should have called you before they launched, unless they weren't going to charge you a haul out to fix the thruster if external issues were at play. ron
They pre-launch and qualify the boat prior to delivery each year. Bow thruster worked initially. Just not clear on the situation at launch as thruster is working fine.