BROKEN HATCH HOLD UP PISTON FOR FISH BOX ON 2005 23 FT GRADY

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I'M TRYING TO FIND A NEW HATCH HOLD UP PISTON FOR MY FISH BOX. I'VE CALLED AROUND A FEW PLACES IN BROOKLYN AND IT SEEMS LIKE I'M ASKING FOR A COPPER 1943 PENNY. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THE LAST HELP I RECEIVED ABOUT THE PVC EXTENSIONS FOR MY 2 SEA COCKS WAS GREAT. THEY WORKED OUT PERFECTLY. I MADE THEM MYSELF FROM SOME LEFT OVER PVC, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME I REALLY APPRECIATED IT THANK YOU AGAIN. JOEY

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My shocks are Ameritool brand stainless steel and were purchased from Maxum Hardware. Google either of those and you should find what you need.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Often, not always, but often in these are referred to as "gas springs". That terminology might help you. As KY mentioned, Ameritool is a good brand - you can also find Attwood products readily. Really, any marine store should have these (or can easily get). Don't buy from Autozone - they won't last. Look at your existing spring (or your manual) - you'll need to know the poundage and the compressed/extended length. The last piece of info is the ball size, but that should be 10mm.

Another way.... look for manufacturer and model number on your existing and google for that.

Another (easy) route is to simply call a Grady dealer - they can mail them to you.

Last edited:

Morella

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I'M TRYING TO FIND A NEW HATCH HOLD UP PISTON FOR MY FISH BOX. I'VE CALLED AROUND A FEW PLACES IN BROOKLYN AND IT SEEMS LIKE I'M ASKING FOR A COPPER 1943 PENNY. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THE LAST HELP I RECEIVED ABOUT THE PVC EXTENSIONS FOR MY 2 SEA COCKS WAS GREAT. THEY WORKED OUT PERFECTLY. I MADE THEM MYSELF FROM SOME LEFT OVER PVC, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME I REALLY APPRECIATED IT THANK YOU AGAIN. JOEY
Just replaced my piston grady white dealed had them in stock easy fix

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Often, not always, but often in these are referred to as "gas springs". That terminology might help you. As KY mentioned, Ameritool is a good brand - you can also find Attwood products readily. Really, any marine store should have these (or can easily get). Don't buy from Autozone - they won't last. Look at your existing spring (or your manual) - you'll need to know the poundage and the compressed/extended length. The last piece of info is the ball size, but that should be 10mm.

Another way.... look for manufacturer and model number on your existing and google for that.

Another (easy) route is to simply call a Grady dealer - they can mail them to you.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP. THANK YOU JOEY