cabin window leak in 1990 gulfstream 23

wslade1

Reaction score
I recently noticed that I have a very minor leak in my 90 gulfstream 23 in the cabin windows below the windshield. Anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

catch22

Reaction score
Yes... it is common on a lot of Gradys.

There are 2 places where they can leak. Around the metal frame and the rubber weather stripping.
Remove any old sealent and clean around the frame with mineral spirits. Re-caulk with a silicone sealent. I like "Life Seal".
You can carefully remove the rubber weather stripping, (it has a groove that locks it into the frame) clean out the gook from the tracks in the frame, load it up with sealent and re-install the stripping, then wipe off the excess. Usually it's the bottom strip.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Catch is right..

I had the same leak on my portside window in my '07 Gulfstream. When my friend took the window out, he noticed the hole was cut a little big at the factory. He used a bit more sealant than usual and fixed it.

I don't understand why they charge 6-figures for these boats and they leak. I also had problems with water leaking behind the dash panel at the helm. Also had a leak around the fiberglass panel that the GPS and sounder attach to.

Did I mention this is an '07 232???

gw204

Reaction score
Take the windows out completely and glass in the holes. That's what I plan to do if my boat doesn't sell. :D