Cleaning Mold?

nevsatII

Reaction score
What can I use to clean the mold from the bottom of the hardtop? It has a lot of black mold spots that don't want to come off. I don't want to use bleach. Anyone have any idea's?

Jim

DB

Reaction score
Mold Under Hardtop

Try using X14 and or Magic Eraser Pads, that combination should take care of your mold in no time. Hope that helps.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
3M sharpshooter works like a charm if you want to avoid bleech. Bleech is the best though because it will disinfect the surface and prevent it for a while. I typically bleech it 2 times a year, I take all the cushions off from my helm area and drop my T pack as well and scrub it down good and then rinse with water and then wash with orpine soap with wax in it to get the shine back.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Magic Erasers work great without having a liquid cleaner dripping down on you or running down your arm. :cry:

seasick

Reaction score
nevsatII said:
What can I use to clean the mold from the bottom of the hardtop? It has a lot of black mold spots that don't want to come off. I don't want to use bleach. Anyone have any idea's?

Jim
Try SoftScrub with bleach. Its not like liquid bleach at all. My buddy has mold spots on the underside of his hardtop and the only thing that helped ( and it didn't completely remove the spots) was to powerwash. If you do so, go easy you can powerwash the finish off.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Vinegar will kill the mold and it wont cause any damage to the fiberglass or fabric.

nevsatII

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to give some vineger a try first.

Jim

dan313

Reaction score
I use ZEP. It is by far the best for removing mold. Spray it on and rinse it off. You can get it at Home Depot.

Good Luck,

Lenny

dlevitt

Reaction score
dan313 said:
I use ZEP. It is by far the best for removing mold. Spray it on and rinse it off. You can get it at Home Depot.

Good Luck,

Lenny

I also used the zep product from home depot. Just make sure that you wear old clothes because when it drips (and it will), it will ruin (bleach spots) your clothes. I would also recommend that you wear eye protection, just in case.