Cockpit bolster vinyl vendor

Jeff4741

Reaction score
Its time to replace the vinyl on my two cockpit bolsters due to damage (2004 Marlin). I recall a thread a while back regarding a suggested vendor for the vinyl. Does anyone out there recall this thread as I can't seem to locate it (name, website, etc). I am having the bolsters recovered professionally and want to get a good color and texture match on the vinyl. Thanks.

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Copied from another post

By searching the internet I was able to find the exact same material (Chalk colored Seaquest® Roll ´N Pleat Marine Vinyl) from a number of suppliers. FABRIC WAREHOUSE http://fabricwarehouse.com/marine/seaquest.htm
had the best price but they sell it in yard lengths only and I needed a little over 2 yards (so I had some extra in case I screwed up) and Stainless Steel staples from Beacon Fabric http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat79.htm.

Copied from another post

seasick

Reaction score
Check with the fabric vendor, there are two Grady colors. I used the chalk and it looks great but it is not a perfect match to the original seat cushions. It is a bit 'whiter'
Also note that the stainless staples are specifically not recommended for salt water applications. It says so right on the package. You need to use Monel staples, so ask your fabricator and that will shed light on their expertise.

seasick

Reaction score
gradywhite27 said:
how do u remove the cushioning surrounding the cockpit?
The cockpit bolsters?

Mine are hung on brackets that fit into holes on the back of the bolsters. In several places along the bottom edge, the bolsters are screwed into the gunwail. On the bottom of the bolster are gromets. Into some of those screws were driven. You have to pry the bottom to see where screws were put and then search around in the nearby gromet to find the philips screw head. It's a bit tricky. After the screws are removed, the bolsters slide up and off. There were only two screws per bolster on mine.
Wehn reinstalling it is darn near impossible to insert the screws into the same holes. It is easier to drill a pilot and start a new screw hole.

Note that my boat is a 208. On some other models the screws are inserted in bewteen pleats.