Cockpit cover???

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
So I have a Bimini top with the sides and all but does anyone make a snap on cockpit cover that I could use while keeping on the lift to protect the instruments and all? No way I will be zipping up those curtains all the time. And I can’t see covering the full boat each time either. Boat is a 2006 tournament 205. Been searching like a mad man on google and I swear I can’t find what I’m looking for. Thanks all.

seasick

Reaction score
It's called a helm cover. I don't know if you can buy one but any decent canvas shop can make one.
You might try contacting Great Lakes and ask.
https://greatlakesboattop.com/

They made a lot of OEM products for various boat manufacturers.

Reactions: INSURANCEMAN

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It’s actually called a cockpit cover. A custom one will have Velcro flaps that take it around the Bimini frame.

seasick

Reaction score
It’s actually called a cockpit cover. A custom one will have Velcro flaps that take it around the Bimini frame.

I tried to find out exactly what the difference is between a helm cover and a cockpit cover but really couldn't. So I went back to the original Grady catalog for my boat and the option is called a Helm Cover. hmmmm.
It seems that many canvas sites use the two terms interchangeably. I suppose since mine covers from windshield to behind seats, it is covering the helm. If it covered the area from the windshield all the way to the motor well, I guess it would be a Cockpit cover and if it covered from bow to motor well, it probably would be called a mooring cover.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Let me get my top installed and then the new cover made, and maybe you can have the one I have. I have the snaps for it, just saw those this weekend, but have not put it on yet. Will do so this week and then send a picture. My goal is to get the new hard top then get a cover that goes bow to top to stern.

R

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Let me get my top installed and then the new cover made, and maybe you can have the one I have. I have the snaps for it, just saw those this weekend, but have not put it on yet. Will do so this week and then send a picture. My goal is to get the new hard top then get a cover that goes bow to top to stern.

R
Hi Russ thanks let me know that would be great.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
I had a custom bow and matching mooring/cockpit cover made locally. I debated on having a zipper to remove the rear half but I was more interested in keeping leaves out from my driveway. In your case a front half cover might be the ticket.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k571/e-fishin-c/247 600x450_zpsqhnqdztk.jpg

That looks great...I am going to keep looking. My Parker I just left the Bimini top up on her and tossed the cushions inside when I wasn't using her. This Grady is too nice to do that so I would like to find a cover to leave on when it is on the lift.