Cockpit heat ideas 208 Adventure

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Looking for ideas for heat in cockpit 208 Adventure.
?

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Would like a little heat in cabin and canvas enclosed cockpit area.

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Many years ago, I bought a front windshield defroster (held in place with suction cups) that was powered by a cigarette lighter outlet. It may provide just enough heat for you?!?!?

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I like the Mr heater & windshield defroster idea!

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use Mr. Heater but with a 5 lb. propane tank. Built a wooden base that the tank clips into to keep it stable in the lump.

Reactions: hanke777

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A properly burning propane heat source produces CO2, not CO, so not sure what a carbon monoxide detector would tell you. If the heater is not getting enough oxygen to burn the propane completely, it will produce carbon monoxide. Proper ventilation is your best approach.

seasick

Reaction score
A properly burning propane heat source produces CO2, not CO, so not sure what a carbon monoxide detector would tell you. If the heater is not getting enough oxygen to burn the propane completely, it will produce carbon monoxide. Proper ventilation is your best approach.
And how would you know when you are napping or fall into a coma that the combustion was incomplete?
You do make a point about CO2. A combo detector is a better idea than just a CO detector

seasick

Reaction score
I think that together we got it right. Sorry for snapping a bit. I have been trying to find parts for a trailer that should in normal times be easy to find. Alas, it's not meant to be:(

Reactions: glacierbaze

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I think that together we got it right. Sorry for snapping a bit. I have been trying to find parts for a trailer that should in normal times be easy to find. Alas, it's not meant to be:(
I had pretty good luck with Pacific trailer service dept for parts, although they were out of one part, and held up the order but I just called and told them to send me what they had and it arrived in a few days. I’m sure cross country would be closer to a week or so (if what you’re looking is in stock).

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
When I owned my previous boat, a 21’ Arima, my buddy came up with the brilliant idea of fishing a winter black mouth salmon derby in March one year. In March it’s usually either raining or sunny and 50° or so in the PNW. Well… the year we did the derby it was snowing and with ice on the ground. I borrowed one of those buddy heaters pictured above but never ended up using it and just wore two layers of pants and a jacket. I don’t get cold very often and ended up taking the outer layer of pants off because I got too hot. But yes, the buddy heaters do work very well if you do get cold easily.

Reactions: PNW_Drifter

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
When I owned my previous boat, a 21’ Arima, my buddy came up with the brilliant idea of fishing a winter black mouth salmon derby in March one year. In March it’s usually either raining or sunny and 50° or so in the PNW. Well… the year we did the derby it was snowing and with ice on the ground. I borrowed one of those buddy heaters pictured above but never ended up using it and just wore two layers of pants and a jacket. I don’t get cold very often and ended up taking the outer layer of pants off because I got too hot. But yes, the buddy heaters do work very well if you do get cold easily.
I am with you. I have lived in the PNW for 45 plus years and love being outside = layering. Trying to make it as cozier for my girlfriend :) I am thinking Mr. heater for her and 12v window defroster for me.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk