Computer Literacy Question

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is there a way to save threads on this site, in some sort of catalogued fashion? I have a Seafarer, with an OX66, so let's say that I want to save interesting threads on those two subjects, into some sort of folder, for future reference. I don't see a "subscribe" button here, but I do see a "watch".
(Okay, I just 'watched' a few threads, so now I have a watch list in the main drop down menu). It's a step in the right direction, but everything is in one bucket. Anyone have any solutions for further refinement? Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. Maybe one of the moderators will jump in.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but next to the post # is a little banner/ flag/ pennon that you can click on. It then lets you bookmark it with a tag

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Using Watch will put them in a list for you and give you alerts and can even email you if someone posts new info

On this subject, If people would Title their posts with identifying words and Tag their posts it would be much easier to search for old posts that relate to the subject you desire.

So instead of a Title that just says "Help" maybe they say "OX66 doesn't charge battery".
This would help everyone so they can do a Title search. Title searches only have to look thru titles.

Tags are even better becaus a tag search only has to lookup tags, not read thru Titles or text.
Only the Original Poster can add or modify tags. tags can be added at the bottom when you create a post and show at the top and can be edited.
Tags are words you purposefully use to index the post. See the example below. You can do a Tag search

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 8.44.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-08 at 8.43.26 AM.png

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thank you, that helped me to realize that this site has a better search function than I had thought in the past. I have often wondered why no title search, or no advanced search, so after exploring I now realize that I have to scroll all the way to the right and click the settings icon in the search bar.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's also a way to see your threads under the "find threads" drop down. And, for searching, click on search, then the gear icon than "advanced".

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I prefer the "Your Content", under your user icon, top right next to mail envelope. Instead of having to search a 5 page thread to find your posts, it takes you right to your comments within the thread. But, Find Threads is handy for seeing threads that you started.

davescarp

Reaction score
I bookmark my threads of interest in Chrome, and therefore can adjust the name or put them in various folders as I see fit to keep things organized. The chrome bookmark manager (control + shift + O) works well for this. This way I can have threads from here, The Hull Truth, or local forums all in one easy to find place when I want to reference something.

davescarp

Reaction score
Now we're talking! So, your default browser for these sites is Chrome?

Yep, I use chrome as my default browser. Prob most browsers have some functionality like this, but I've been using chrome for a long time so it's just second nature.