Custom Grady White T-Shirts?

Joint Venture

Reaction score
Hey -

I am looking to get some T-shirts made up. Here is what I am looking for:

- Picture of Grady Sailfish 282
- My boat name "Joint Venture II"
- Some sort of graphic (perhaps a Striped Bass?)
- About 8 to 10 shirts (various sizes)

Anyone ever do anything like this? I am trying to avoid custom screen printing jobs which are pretty expensive. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -
Capt. Bill

shadygradycapn

Reaction score
Try Southern Ocean Marine Sportswear in Barnegat. 609-698-8868. Ask for Sherry and tell her I referred you.

Daryl

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can do them for you. A digital print job runs about $12 a shirt.

Also, if you can live with white t's, you can inkjet print transfers and iron them on. I have done a number of them and they look great, although not as durable as a screenprint and you have to have a white background.

My business does corporate apparel as part of our marketing services.

PM me if you want to pursue it/need more info.

--Chris

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm surprised that one of the shirt makers doesn't jump on this thread and provide some info. I have to think if they offered shirts with a GW boat outline with the capability to add the boat name and other customization, they would be a hit.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishtales said:
I'm surprised that one of the shirt makers doesn't jump on this thread and provide some info. I have to think if they offered shirts with a GW boat outline with the capability to add the boat name and other customization, they would be a hit.

I'm a shirt maker....
No one is interested in doing one-offs in short runs :wink:

A digitial printer might be one solution. The problem with screen printing is you have $45 for film and screens for each color screened in each location. It can get real expensive, real fast. We've never been big on digital printing for garments, they don't hold up in a commercial application.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I understand the logic of volume to spread the setup and other run costs, but there are firms that do semi custom logos all over the net - why wouldn't one go after a captive audience.

If the firm was to have a couple of standard GW boat logos (see the GW website champion sweatshirt for example) and offer some minor customization with a reasonable order quantity (done via lot price), one would think it might fly.

Just a thought...

Joint Venture

Reaction score
Megabytes - Thanks for providing the link. I have followed up with Jason and they offer a very nice service. Basically comes out to be $18 a shirt. Most importantly...they can draw up a Grady 282 for little to no additional artist cost. A strong option.

ShadyGradyCapn - I appreciate the response. I followed up as you suggested and they emailed me a pic of the Grady they have. Unfortunately...not a match. Therefore not an option, but like I said, thanks anyway.

CJBrown - Chris, thanks for the offer of assistance. Could you replicate a Grady 282 Sailfish? Would you have a pic you could possible email me so I could get an idea. I am interested in knowing more.

MDRookie01

Reaction score
I am looking to do this too..

I would to get some custom artwork of a Grady with teeth on the front hull going after a school of stripers..

Anyone got contacts that can do this for a good price?

Joint Venture

Reaction score
MDRookie01 - I ended up going with Blue Water Shirts as Megabytes suggested (thanks again Megabytes).

I placed the order last week and should have the mix of t-shirts and sweatshirts in a few days. While I cannot yet vouch for their work, I can say the custom artwork they did is fantastic. Best part - no charge for the art...just buy the shirts. I do not see any reason why everything will not turn out great. If you would like to see the design...I can email to you.

Good luck -
Capt Bill

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi Mega,
The bluewater shirt of the month for March is a GW from Wrightsville Beach NC, looks like a 29 Chesapeake named Fish-A-Holic. If I recall this is area correct?
Too bad it wasn't Megabytes....

aqua gypsy69

Reaction score
Screen Printing

Screen-printers cannot legally print the Grady-White logo on any merchandise without written permission from the company. That doesn't prevent you from having an image of your or some other Grady White boat just not any TM logos.

From what I hear about GW customer service, i wouldn't be surprised if they did give you permission as long as you were having it done for personal consumption and not to make money.

Nick.

BTW. I used to work for a screen-printing company that would do screen printing with a minimum of 12 shirts. As far as I know it is still the same.