Custom-made under the top covers for 2001-08 Grady White 282 Sailfish

coverguy

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
I just quoted a couple of under the top boat covers for a 2003 Grady White 282 Sailfish. I sell them thru a company called Taylormade. They have an agreement with Laporte's TTOP to use their patterns. Laporte's is one of the best custom-made under the top boat cover manufacturers in the business. I was amazed at the pricing I got for the covers and wanted to share it here in case anyone was thinking about an under the top cover for their boat. Taylormade offers 3 materials to choose from. Here are the prices I quoted:
Ultima $1582, free shipping;
Weathermax $1798, free shipping;
Elite $1988, free shipping.

For group members, take $100 off these great prices.

Call or email me if you are interested

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady White Model
Islander
Would be best if you had a picture of these... no idea in my mind what they look like, and differences in each.

R

coverguy

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
I did try to find pics of a 282 Sailfish with a Taylormade/Laporte's under the top cover on it. Not having any luck. I will see what I can do.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Is this like the mesh net with the zipper that is mounted on the underside of the hard top? If not, I need pics to visualize.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Get it now. I like the way it is done under the hard top....

coverguy

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
These are becoming very popular.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady White Model
Islander
Hrm, that is actually exactly what I need. How much they sell for for a 2004 Islander 270?

Do not have the cash today, but tax returns come in in a month so... ;)
Duh, prices up top.

Will talk to the wife ;)

R

mleads310

Reaction score
Grady White Model
Sailfish
Is there any way to see a picture of it in a sailfish? The reason I ask is because I keep my boat in the water year long and want to if the sides will touch the water?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady White Model
Islander
I would be willing to bet that unless you curl it upwards on the edges, it would touch the water, but, if it were me, I would just tie a rope around the open middle and pull it a little tighter, thus drawing the sides up, or you could stitch it or something to draw it up.

That is assuming you could not find a better price on one that fits higher heh

R

coverguy

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
Hrm, that is actually exactly what I need. How much they sell for for a 2004 Islander 270?

Do not have the cash today, but tax returns come in in a month so... ;)
Duh, prices up top.

Will talk to the wife ;)

R
I see the 268 Islander, but not the 270.

coverguy

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
Is there any way to see a picture of it in a sailfish? The reason I ask is because I keep my boat in the water year long and want to if the sides will touch the water?
where do you keep the boat? I can do a custom-made under the top cover for in-water storage if you can bring the boat to Burlington, NJ.

mleads310

Reaction score
Grady White Model
Sailfish
Coverguy,

I definitely appreciate the offer unfortunately I'm located in Brooklyn NY and I don't trailer the boat. Was hoping you might have done something similar with a boat that's in the water year round. Regardless definitely a nice looking cover and I really like the under the hardtop look.

Lsquared

Reaction score
extremely good price. wish you were here last year. I had a custom cover made and doesn't cover the engines for 2700.